Reversal bending fatigue testing
Embodiments for apparatuses for testing reversal bending fatigue in an elongated beam are disclosed. Embodiments are configured to be coupled to first and second end portions of the beam and to apply a bending moment to the beam and create a pure bending condition in an intermediate portion of the beam. Embodiments are further configured to cyclically alternate the direction of the bending moment applied to the beam such that the intermediate portion of the beam cyclically bends in opposite directions in a pure bending condition.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UT-Battelle, LLC (Oak Ridge, TN) ORNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Feb 14
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:An effective method to investigate short crack growth behaviour by reverse bending testing
journal, March 2007
- Gao, N.; Brown, M.; Miller, K.
- International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 29, Issue 3, p. 565-574
Effects of shot-peening and re-shot-peening on four-point bend fatigue behavior of Ti–6Al–4V
journal, November 2007
- Jiang, X. P.; Man, C.-S.; Shepard, M. J.
- Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 468-470, p. 137-143
Four-point-bending-fatigue behavior of the Zr-based Vitreloy 105 bulk metallic glass
journal, October 2007
- Morrison, M. L.; Buchanan, R. A.; Liaw, P. K.
- Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 467, Issue 1-2, p. 190-197
The grain boundary geometry for optimum resistance to growth of short fatigue cracks in high strength Al-alloys
journal, October 2005
- Zhai, T.; Jiang, X.; Li, J.
- International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 27, Issue 10-12, p. 1202-1209
Distributions of pore size and fatigue weak link strength in an A713 sand cast aluminum alloy
journal, June 2010
- Zhang, Yuanbin; Xu, Jianhui; Zhai, Tongguang
- Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 527, Issue 16-17, p. 3639-3644
An original pure bending device with large displacements and rotations for static and fatigue tests of composite structures
journal, July 2003
- Ben Zineb, Tarak; Sedrakian, Ara; Billoet, Jean Louis
- Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol. 34, Issue 5, p. 447-458
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: