Producing a trimethylpentanoic acid using hybrid polyketide synthases
The present invention provides for a polyketide synthase (PKS) capable of synthesizing trimethylpentanoic acid. The present invention also provides for a host cell comprising the PKS and when cultured produces the trimethylpentanoic acid. The present invention also provides for a method of producing the trimethylpentanoic acid, comprising: providing a host cell of the present invention, and culturing said host cell in a suitable culture medium such that the trimethylpentanoic acid is produced, optionally isolating the trimethylpentanoic acid, and optionally, reducing the isolated trimethylpentanoic acid into a trimethylpentanol or an iso-octane.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Nov 22
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:The synthesis of 14-membered macrocyclic ethers
journal, November 1999
- Clyne, Dean; Weiler, Larry
- Tetrahedron, Vol. 55, Issue 48, p. 13659-13682
Synthesis of C5-dicarboxylic acids from C2-units involving crotonyl-CoA carboxylase/reductase: The ethylmalonyl-CoA pathway
journal, June 2007
- Erb, T. J.; Berg, I. A.; Brecht, V.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 104, Issue 25, p. 10631-10636
New silicon-mediated ring expansion of n-sized conjugated cycloalkenones into homoallylic n+3 lactones
journal, July 2003
- Hatcher, Mark A.; Borstnik, Kristina; Posner, Gary H.
- Tetrahedron Letters, Vol. 44, Issue 29, p. 5407-5409
Role of type II thioesterases: evidence for removal of short acyl chains produced by aberrant decarboxylation of chain extender units
journal, February 2001
- Heathcote, Michelle L.; Staunton, James; Leadlay, Peter F.
- Chemistry & Biology, Vol. 8, Issue 2, p. 207-220
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: