Method to fabricate micro and nano diamond devices
A method including forming a diamond material on the surface of a substrate; forming a first contact and a separate second contact; and patterning the diamond material to form a nanowire between the first contact and the second contact. An apparatus including a first contact and a separate second contact on a substrate; and a nanowire including a single crystalline or polycrystalline diamond material on the substrate and connected to each of the first contact and the second contact.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Aug 29
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Diamond cold cathode
patent, September 1997
- Geis, Michael W.
- US Patent Document 5,670,788
All diamond self-aligned thin film transistor
patent, July 2008
- Gerbi, Jennifer
- US Patent Document 7,394,103
Fabrication of GaN-based nanoscale device structures utilizing focused ion beam induced Pt deposition
journal, July 2006
- Motayed, Abhishek; Davydov, Albert V.; Vaudin, Mark D.
- Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 100, Issue 2, Article No. 024306
High-performance lithium battery anodes using silicon nanowires
journal, December 2007
- Chan, Candace K.; Peng, Hailin; Liu, Gao
- Nature Nanotechnology, Vol. 3, Issue 1, p. 31-35
Self-consistent-charge density-functional tight-binding method for simulations of complex materials properties
journal, September 1998
- Elstner, M.; Porezag, D.; Jungnickel, G.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 58, Issue 11, p. 7260-7268
Efficient hybrid density functional calculations in solids: Assessment of the Heyd–Scuseria–Ernzerhof screened Coulomb hybrid functional
journal, July 2004
- Heyd, Jochen; Scuseria, Gustavo E.
- The Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 121, Issue 3, p. 1187-1192
Cross-sectional transmission electron microscopy method and studies of implant damage in single crystal diamond
journal, July 2006
- Hickey, D. P.; Kuryliw, E.; Siebein, K.
- Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A: Vacuum, Surfaces, and Films, Vol. 24, Issue 4, p. 1302-1307
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: