Removal of hydrogen sulfide as ammonium sulfate from hydropyrolysis product vapors
A system and method for processing biomass into hydrocarbon fuels that includes processing a biomass in a hydropyrolysis reactor resulting in hydrocarbon fuels and a process vapor stream and cooling the process vapor stream to a condensation temperature resulting in an aqueous stream. The aqueous stream is sent to a catalytic reactor where it is oxidized to obtain a product stream containing ammonia and ammonium sulfate. A resulting cooled product vapor stream includes non-condensable process vapors comprising H.sub.2, CH.sub.4, CO, CO.sub.2, ammonia and hydrogen sulfide.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Gas Technology Institute (Des Plaines, IL) DOEEE
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Aug 02
- Research Org:
- Gas Technology Institute, Des Plaines, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Integrated oxygasification and hydropyrolysis process for producing liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons
patent, November 1983
- Matyas, Richard S.; Hamshar, John A.
- US Patent Document 4,415,431
Process for the simultaneous absorption of sulfur oxides and production of ammonium sulfate
patent, September 1987
- Saleem, Abdus
- US Patent Document 4,690,807
Process for the selective removal of hydrogen sulphide and carbonyl sulfide from light hydrocarbon gases containing carbon dioxide
patent, June 1988
- Bush, Warren V.
- US Patent Document 4,749,555
Treatment of an aqueous stream containing water-soluble inorganic sulfide compounds
patent, May 1993
- Marinangeli, Richard E.; Kalnes, Tom N.
- US Patent Document 5,207,927
Process for the conversion of carbonaceous feedstocks to particulate carbon and methanol
patent, June 1995
- Steinberg, Meyer; Grohse, Edward W.
- US Patent Document 5,427,762
Production and purification of contaminated effluent streams containing ammonium sulfate and ammonia
patent, July 1996
- Sheldon, Joseph P.; Stanton, Walter H.; Malachosky, Edward
- US Patent Document 5,536,385
Disposal of hydrogen sulfide gas by conversion to sulfate ions in an aqueous solution
patent, January 2000
- Waycuilis, John J.
- US Patent Document 6,017,501
Integrated gasification--pyrolysis process
patent, July 2012
- Agrawal, Rakesh; Singh, Navneet R.
- US Patent Document 8,217,210
Controlling the synthesis gas composition of a steam methane reformer
patent, September 2012
- Norbeck, Joseph M.; Park, Chan Seung; Raju, Arun Sk
- US Patent Document 8,268,026
Flue gas scrubbing apparatus and process
patent, January 2013
- Murphy, David William
- US Patent Document 8,353,980
Method of hydrogasification of biomass to methane with low depositable tars
patent, February 2013
- Sellars, Brian G.; Babicki, Matthew L.; Keefer, Bowie G.
- US Patent Document 8,383,871
Hydropyrolysis of biomass for producing high quality fuels
patent, July 2013
- Marker, Terry L.; Felix, Larry G.; Linck, Martin B.
- US Patent Document 8,492,600
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: