L-arabinose fermenting yeast
An L-arabinose utilizing yeast strain is provided for the production of ethanol by introducing and expressing bacterial araA, araB and araD genes. L-arabinose transporters are also introduced into the yeast to enhance the uptake of arabinose. The yeast carries additional genomic mutations enabling it to consume L-arabinose, even as the only carbon source, and to produce ethanol. A yeast strain engineered to metabolize arabinose through a novel pathway is also disclosed. Methods of producing ethanol include utilizing these modified yeast strains.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Alliance for Sustainable Energy, LLC (Golden, CO) GFO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- National Renewable Energy Lab. (NREL), Golden, CO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 09 BIOMASS FUELS; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Basic local alignment search tool
journal, October 1990
- Altschul, Stephen F.; Gish, Warren; Miller, Webb
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 215, Issue 3, p. 403-410
Deciphering the message in protein sequences: tolerance to amino acid substitutions
journal, March 1990
- Bowie, J.; Reidhaar-Olson, J.; Lim, W.
- Science, Vol. 247, Issue 4948, p. 1306-1310
A new dominant hybrid selective marker for higher eukaryotic cells
journal, July 1981
- Colbére-Garapin, Florence; Horodniceanu, Florian; Kourilsky, Philippe
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 150, Issue 1, p. 1-14
ULBPs, Novel MHC Class I–Related Molecules, Bind to CMV Glycoprotein UL16 and Stimulate NK Cytotoxicity through the NKG2D Receptor
journal, February 2001
- Cosman, David; Müllberg, Jürgen; Sutherland, Claire L.
- Immunity, Vol. 14, Issue 2, p. 123-133
Expression of prokaryotic genes for hygromycin B and G418 resistance as dominant-selection markers in mouse L cells
journal, October 1984
- Santerre, Robert F.; Allen, Norris E.; Hobbs, Joe N.
- Gene, Vol. 30, Issue 1-3, p. 147-156
Comparison of biosequences
journal, December 1981
- Smith, Temple F.; Waterman, Michael S.
- Advances in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 2, Issue 4, p. 482-489
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: