Self assembled multi-layer nanocomposite of graphene and metal oxide materials
Nanocomposite materials having at least two layers, each layer consisting of one metal oxide bonded to at least one graphene layer were developed. The nanocomposite materials will typically have many alternating layers of metal oxides and graphene layers, bonded in a sandwich type construction and will be incorporated into an electrochemical or energy storage device.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Battelle Memorial Institute (Richland, WA) PNNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- Pacific Northwest National Lab. (PNNL), Richland, WA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Mesoporous composite gels an aerogels
patent, December 2002
- Rolison, Debra; Morris, Catherine; Anderson, Michelle
- US Patent Document 6,492,014
Process for the preparation of metal-containing nanostructured films
patent, February 2006
- Lu, Yunfeng; Wang, Donghai
- US Patent Document 7,001,669
Nanostructured bulk thermoelectric material
patent-application, December 2007
- Zhang, Minjuan; Lu, Yunfeng
- US Patent Document 7,309,830
Method of producing exfoliated graphite, flexible graphite, and nano-scaled graphene platelets
patent-application, November 2008
- Zhamu, Aruna; Shi, Jinjun; Guo, Jiusheng
- US Patent Application 11/800728; 20080279756
Nano graphene platelet-based composite anode compositions for lithium ion batteries
patent-application, May 2009
- Zhamu, Aruna; Jang, Bor
- US Patent Application 11/982672; 20090117467
Layer-By-Layer Assemblies of Carbon-Based Nanostructures and Their Applications in Energy Storage and Generation Devices
patent-application, June 2010
- Shao-Horn, Yang; Lee, Seung Woo; Yabuuchi, Naoaki
- US Patent Application 12/541305; 20100159366
Mesoporous tin oxides as lithium intercalation anode materials
journal, January 2002
- Yu, Aishui; Frech, Roger
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 104, Issue 1, p. 97-100
In situ chemical synthesis of SnO2–graphene nanocomposite as anode materials for lithium-ion batteries
journal, October 2009
- Yao, Jane; Shen, Xiaoping; Wang, Bei
- Electrochemistry Communications, Vol. 11, Issue 10, p. 1849-1852
Carbon-coated mesoporous silica with hydrophobicity and electrical conductivity
journal, January 2008
- Nishihara, Hirotomo; Fukura, Yu; Inde, Kouta
- Carbon, Vol. 46, Issue 1, p. 48-53
Nanostructured materials for advanced energy conversion and storage devices
journal, May 2005
- Aricò, Antonino Salvatore; Bruce, Peter; Scrosati, Bruno
- Nature Materials, Vol. 4, Issue 5, p. 366-377
TiO2(B) Nanowires as an Improved Anode Material for Lithium-Ion Batteries Containing LiFePO4 or LiNi0.5Mn1.5O4 Cathodes and a Polymer Electrolyte
journal, October 2006
- Armstrong, G.; Armstrong, A. R.; Bruce, P. G.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 18, Issue 19, p. 2597-2600
Structural evolution during the reaction of Li with nano-sized rutile type TiO2 at room temperature
journal, February 2007
- Baudrin, E.; Cassaignon, S.; Koelsch, M.
- Electrochemistry Communications, Vol. 9, Issue 2, p. 337-342
Purification and size-selection of carbon nanotubes
journal, January 1997
- Bonard, Jean-Marc; Stora, Thierry; Salvetat, Jean-Paul
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 9, Issue 10, p. 827-831
Mechanically Strong, Electrically Conductive, and Biocompatible Graphene Paper
journal, July 2008
- Chen, Haiqun; Müller, Marc B.; Gilmore, Kerry J.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 20, Issue 18, p. 3557-3561
Preparation and characterization of graphene oxide paper
journal, July 2007
- Dikin, Dmitriy A.; Stankovich, Sasha; Zimney, Eric J.
- Nature, Vol. 448, Issue 7152, p. 457-460
RuO2-wired high-rate nanoparticulate TiO2 (anatase): Suppression of particle growth using silica
journal, June 2008
- Erjavec, B.; Dominko, R.; Umek, P.
- Electrochemistry Communications, Vol. 10, Issue 6, p. 926-929
Superior Electrode Performance of Nanostructured Mesoporous TiO2 (Anatase) through Efficient Hierarchical Mixed Conducting Networks
journal, August 2007
- Guo, Y.-G.; Hu, Y.-S.; Sigle, W.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 16, p. 2087-2091
High Lithium Electroactivity of Nanometer-Sized Rutile TiO2
journal, June 2006
- Hu, Y.-S.; Kienle, L.; Guo, Y.-G.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 18, Issue 11, p. 1421-1426
Improved Electrode Performance of Porous LiFePO4 Using RuO2 as an Oxidic Nanoscale Interconnect
journal, August 2007
- Hu, Y.-S.; Guo, Y.-G.; Dominko, R.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 15, p. 1963-1966
Self-organizing high-density single-walled carbon nanotube arrays from surfactant suspensions
journal, August 2004
- Huang, Limin; Cui, Xiaodong; Dukovic, Gordana
- Nanotechnology, Vol. 15, Issue 11, p. 1450-1454
Template-Free Synthesis of SnO2 Hollow Nanostructures with High Lithium Storage Capacity
journal, September 2006
- Lou, X. W.; Wang, Y.; Yuan, C.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 18, Issue 17, p. 2325-2329
Nanoionics: ion transport and electrochemical storage in confined systems
journal, November 2005
- Maier, J.
- Nature Materials, Vol. 4, Issue 11, p. 805-815
Single Sheet Functionalized Graphene by Oxidation and Thermal Expansion of Graphite
journal, September 2007
- McAllister, Michael J.; Li, Je-Luen; Adamson, Douglas H.
- Chemistry of Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 18, p. 4396-4404
A Mesoporous Nanocomposite of TiO2 and Carbon Nanotubes as a High-Rate Li-Intercalation Electrode Material
journal, January 2006
- Moriguchi, I.; Hidaka, R.; Yamada, H.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 18, Issue 1, p. 69-73
Electric Field Effect in Atomically Thin Carbon Films
journal, October 2004
- Novoselov, K. S.
- Science, Vol. 306, Issue 5696, p. 666-669
Specific surface area of carbon nanotubes and bundles of carbon nanotubes
journal, April 2001
- Peigney, A.; Laurent, Ch.; Flahaut, E.
- Carbon, Vol. 39, Issue 4, p. 507-514
Improved electrochemical performance of a LiFePO4-based composite cathode
journal, August 2001
- Prosini, Pier Paolo; Zane, Daniela; Pasquali, Mauro
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 46, Issue 23, p. 3517-3523
Functionalized graphene sheets for polymer nanocomposites
journal, May 2008
- Ramanathan, T.; Abdala, A. A.; Stankovich, S.
- Nature Nanotechnology, Vol. 3, Issue 6, p. 327-331
SnO2-carbon composites for lithium-ion battery anodes
journal, June 2001
- Read, J.; Foster, D.; Wolfenstine, J.
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 96, Issue 2, p. 277-281
Room temperature synthesis and Li insertion into nanocrystalline rutile TiO2
journal, August 2006
- Reddy, M. Anji; Kishore, M. Satya; Pralong, V.
- Electrochemistry Communications, Vol. 8, Issue 8, p. 1299-1303
Graphene-based composite materials
journal, July 2006
- Stankovich, Sasha; Dikin, Dmitriy A.; Dommett, Geoffrey H. B.
- Nature, Vol. 442, Issue 7100, p. 282-286
Characteristics of graphene-layer encapsulated nanoparticles fabricated using laser ablation method
journal, April 2008
- Ou, Q.; Tanaka, T.; Mesko, M.
- Diamond and Related Materials, Vol. 17, Issue 4-5, p. 664-668
Issues and challenges facing rechargeable lithium batteries
journal, November 2001
- Tarascon, J.-M.; Armand, M.
- Nature, Vol. 414, Issue 6861, p. 359-367
Graphene−Silica Composite Thin Films as Transparent Conductors
- Watcharotone, Supinda; Dikin, Dmitriy A; Stankovich, Sasha
- Nano Letters, Vol. 7, Issue 7, p. 1888–1892
Large Reversible Li Storage of Graphene Nanosheet Families for Use in Rechargeable Lithium Ion Batteries
journal, August 2008
- Yoo, EunJoo; Kim, Jedeok; Hosono, Eiji
- Nano Letters, Vol. 8, Issue 8, p. 2277-2282
Pseudocapacitive Lithium Storage in TiO2(B)
journal, March 2005
- Zukalová, Markéta; Kalbáč, Martin; Kavan, Ladislav
- Chemistry of Materials, Vol. 17, Issue 5, p. 1248-1255
Li-ion batteries from LiFePO4 cathode and anatase/graphene composite anode for stationary energy storage
journal, March 2010
- Choi, Daiwon; Wang, Donghai; Viswanathan, Vish V.
- Electrochemistry Communications, Vol. 12, Issue 3, p. 378-381
Electronic Transport Properties of Individual Chemically Reduced Graphene Oxide Sheets
journal, November 2007
- Gomez-Navarro, Cristina; Weitz, R. Thomas; Bittner, Alexander M.
- Nano Letters, Vol. 7, Issue 11, p. 3499-3503
Oriented Nanostructures for Energy Conversion and Storage
journal, September 2008
- Liu, Jun; Cao, Guozhong; Yang, Zhenguo
- ChemSusChem, Vol. 1, Issue 8-9, p. 676-697
Self-Assembled TiO 2 –Graphene Hybrid Nanostructures for Enhanced Li-Ion Insertion
journal, March 2009
- Wang, Donghai; Choi, Daiwon; Li, Juan
- ACS Nano, Vol. 3, Issue 4, p. 907-914
Ternary Self-Assembly of Ordered Metal Oxide−Graphene Nanocomposites for Electrochemical Energy Storage
journal, March 2010
- Wang, Donghai; Kou, Rong; Choi, Daiwon
- ACS Nano, Vol. 4, Issue 3, p. 1587-1595
Dispersion of Sn and SnO on carbon anodes
journal, September 2000
- Lee, Jim Yang; Zhang, Ruifen; Liu, Zhaolin
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 90, Issue 1, p. 70-75
Direct synthesis of uniform mesoporous carbons from the carbonization of as-synthesized silica/triblock copolymer nanocomposites
journal, January 2004
- Kim, Jaeyun; Lee, Jinwoo; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Carbon, Vol. 42, Issue 12-13, p. 2711-2719
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: