Methods and systems for Raman and optical cross-interrogation in flow-through silicon membranes
Cross-interrogating photonic detection systems and methods are shown. A flow through photonic crystal membrane with a surface enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) substrate is provided with pores which are distributed along multiple regions. The pores of one region have walls to which a first type of target specific anchor can be attached, while pores of another region have walls to which a second type of target specific anchor can be attached. An optical arrangement out-of-plane to the SERS substrate is also provided for enhanced sensitivity and identification of target organisms.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC (Livermore, CA) LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:Optical sensor with layered plasmon structure for enhanced detection of chemical groups by SERS
patent, April 2008
- Poponin, Vladimir
- US Patent Document 7,351,588
Multiplexed Photonic Membranes and Related Detection Methods for Chemical and/or Biological Sensing Applications
patent-application, October 2009
- Letant, Sonia; Bond, Tiziana
- US Patent Application 12/206337; 20090244532
Self-referenced assay method for photonic crystal biosensors: Application to small molecule analytes
journal, January 2007
- Chan, Leo L.; Cunningham, Brian T.; Li, Peter Y.
- Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 120, Issue 2, p. 392-398
Enzyme Immobilization on Porous Silicon Surfaces
journal, February 2004
- Létant, S. E.; Hart, B. R.; Kane, S. R.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 16, Issue 8, p. 689-693
Functionalized silicon membranes for selective bio-organism capture
journal, April 2003
- Létant, Sonia E.; Hart, Bradley R.; van Buuren, Anthony W.
- Nature Materials, Vol. 2, Issue 6, p. 391-395
Photonic crystal laser sources for chemical detection
journal, June 2003
- Lončar, Marko; Scherer, Axel; Qiu, Yueming
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 82, Issue 26, p. 4648-4650
Immobilization of antibodies in micropatterns for cell detection by optical diffraction
journal, November 2000
- Morhard, F.; Pipper, J.; Dahint, R.
- Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 70, Issue 1-3, p. 232-242
Localized Functionalization of Single Nanopores
journal, February 2006
- Nilsson, J.; Lee, J. R. I.; Ratto, T. V.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 18, Issue 4, p. 427-431
Integration of porous silicon chips in an electronic artificial nose
journal, September 2000
- Létant, S. E.; Content, S.; Tan, Tze Tsung
- Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 69, Issue 1-2, p. 193-198
New biochip technology for label-free detection of pathogens and their toxins
journal, May 2003
- Grow, Ann E.; Wood, Laurie L.; Claycomb, Johanna L.
- Journal of Microbiological Methods, Vol. 53, Issue 2, p. 221-233
Single virus detection from the reactive shift of a whispering-gallery mode
journal, December 2008
- Vollmer, F.; Arnold, S.; Keng, D.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 105, Issue 52, p. 20701-20704
National validation study of a swab protocol for the recovery of Bacillus anthracis spores from surfaces
journal, May 2010
- Hodges, Lisa R.; Rose, Laura J.; O'Connell, Heather
- Journal of Microbiological Methods, Vol. 81, Issue 2, p. 141-146
Cryo-electron tomography of vaccinia virus
journal, February 2005
- Cyrklaff, M.; Risco, C.; Fernandez, J. J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 102, Issue 8, p. 2772-2777
Towards on-site pathogen detection using antibody-based sensors
journal, November 2008
- Skottrup, Peter Durand; Nicolaisen, Mogens; Justesen, Annemarie Fejer
- Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Vol. 24, Issue 3, p. 339-348
Most-Probable-Number Rapid Viability PCR method to detect viable spores of Bacillus anthracis in swab samples
journal, May 2010
- Létant, S. E.; Kane, S. R.; Murphy, G. A.
- Journal of Microbiological Methods, Vol. 81, Issue 2, p. 200-202
Rapid, high-throughput, culture-based PCR methods to analyze samples for viable spores of Bacillus anthracis and its surrogates
journal, March 2009
- Kane, S. R.; Létant, S. E.; Murphy, G. A.
- Journal of Microbiological Methods, Vol. 76, Issue 3, p. 278-284
Multilayer silver nanoparticles-modified optical fiber tip for high performance SERS remote sensing
journal, June 2010
- Andrade, Gustavo F. S.; Fan, MeiKun; Brolo, Alexandre G.
- Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Vol. 25, Issue 10, p. 2270-2275
Selective Colorimetric Detection of Polynucleotides Based on the Distance-Dependent Optical Properties of Gold Nanoparticles
journal, August 1997
- Elghanian, Robert; Storhoff, James J.; Mucic, Robert C.
- Science, Vol. 277, Issue 5329, p. 1078-1081
Surface Plasmon Resonance Scattering and Absorption of anti-EGFR Antibody Conjugated Gold Nanoparticles in Cancer Diagnostics: Applications in Oral Cancer
journal, May 2005
- El-Sayed, Ivan H.; Huang, Xiaohua; El-Sayed, Mostafa A.
- Nano Letters, Vol. 5, Issue 5, p. 829-834
Raman spectra of pyridine adsorbed at a silver electrode
journal, May 1974
- Fleischmann, M.; Hendra, P. J.; McQuillan, A. J.
- Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 26, Issue 2, p. 163-166
A Nanoscale Optical Biosensor: Sensitivity and Selectivity of an Approach Based on the Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Spectroscopy of Triangular Silver Nanoparticles
journal, September 2002
- Haes, Amanda J.; Van Duyne, Richard P.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 124, Issue 35, p. 10596-10604
A Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensor: First Steps toward an Assay for Alzheimer's Disease
journal, June 2004
- Haes, Amanda J.; Hall, W. Paige; Chang, Lei
- Nano Letters, Vol. 4, Issue 6, p. 1029-1034
Nanostructured model biomaterial surfaces prepared by colloidal lithography
journal, January 1999
- Hanarp, P.; Sutherland, D.; Gold, J.
- Nanostructured Materials, Vol. 12, Issue 1-4, p. 429-432
Exploitation of Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance
journal, October 2004
- Hutter, E.; Fendler, J. H.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 16, Issue 19, p. 1685-1706
Single Molecule Detection Using Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering (SERS)
journal, March 1997
- Kneipp, Katrin; Wang, Yang; Kneipp, Harald
- Physical Review Letters, Vol. 78, Issue 9, p. 1667-1670
Nanoimprinted optical fibres: Biotemplated nanostructures for SERS sensing
journal, January 2009
- Kostovski, G.; White, D. J.; Mitchell, A.
- Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Vol. 24, Issue 5, p. 1531-1535
Chain Length Dependence and Sensing Capabilities of the Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance of Silver Nanoparticles Chemically Modified with Alkanethiol Self-Assembled Monolayers
journal, February 2001
- Malinsky, Michelle Duval; Kelly, K. Lance; Schatz, George C.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 123, Issue 7, p. 1471-1482
Probing Single Molecules and Single Nanoparticles by Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering
journal, February 1997
- Nie, Shuming; Emory, Steven R.
- Science, Vol. 275, Issue 5303, p. 1102-1106
Optical characterization of electronic transitions arising from the Au/S interface of self-assembled n-alkanethiolate monolayers
journal, November 1995
- Shi, J.; Hong, B.; Parikh, A. N.
- Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 246, Issue 1-2, p. 90-94
Fabrication of Crescent-Shaped Optical Antennas
journal, September 2005
- Shumaker-Parry, J. S.; Rochholz, H.; Kreiter, M.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 17, Issue 17, p. 2131-2134
Patterns of DNA-Labeled and scFv-Antibody-Carrying Lipid Vesicles Directed by Material-Specific Immobilization of DNA and Supported Lipid Bilayer Formation on an Au/SiO2 Template
journal, March 2003
- Svedhem, Sofia; Pfeiffer, Indriati; Larsson, Charlotte
- ChemBioChem, Vol. 4, Issue 4, p. 339-343
Langmuir−Blodgett Silver Nanowire Monolayers for Molecular Sensing Using Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy
journal, September 2003
- Tao, Andrea; Kim, Franklin; Hess, Christian
- Nano Letters, Vol. 3, Issue 9, p. 1229-1233
Single-fibre surface-enhanced Raman sensors with angled tips
journal, January 2000
- Viets, Carmen; Hill, Wieland
- Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, Vol. 31, Issue 7, p. 625-631
Comparison of fibre-optic SERS sensors with differently prepared tips
journal, August 1998
- Viets, C.; Hill, W.
- Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 51, Issue 1-3, p. 92-99
Development of silver nanorod array based fiber optic probes for SERS detection
journal, September 2011
- Zhu, Yu; Dluhy, Richard A.; Zhao, Yiping
- Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 157, Issue 1, p. 42-50
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: