Method and apparatus for optical phase error correction
The phase value of a phase-sensitive optical device, which includes an optical transport region, is modified by laser processing. At least a portion of the optical transport region is exposed to a laser beam such that the phase value is changed from a first phase value to a second phase value, where the second phase value is different from the first phase value. The portion of the optical transport region that is exposed to the laser beam can be a surface of the optical transport region or a portion of the volume of the optical transport region. In an embodiment of the invention, the phase value of the optical device is corrected by laser processing. At least a portion of the optical transport region is exposed to a laser beam until the phase value of the optical device is within a specified tolerance of a target phase value.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- SNL-A (Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM (United States))
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:Silicon Microring Modulator with Integrated Heater and Temperature Sensor for Thermal Control
conference, May 2010
- DeRose, Christopher T.; Watts, Michael R.; Trotter, Douglas C.
Active wavelength control of silicon microphotonic resonant modulators
conference, May 2012
- Lentine, Anthony; Zortman, W.; Trotter, D.
Thermal stabilization of a microring modulator using feedback control
journal, January 2012
- Padmaraju, Kishore; Chan, Johnnie; Chen, Long
- Optics Express, Vol. 20, Issue 27, p. 27999-28008
Direct sub-μm lateral patterning of SOI by focused laser beam induced oxidation
journal, September 1999
- Deutschmann, R. A.; Huber, M.; Neumann, R.
- Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 48, Issue 1-4, p. 367-370
Local laser induced rapid thermal oxidation of SOI substrates
journal, December 2000
- Huber, M.; Deutschmann, R. A.; Neumann, R.
- Applied Surface Science, Vol. 168, Issue 1-4, p. 204-207
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: