High throughput parallel backside contacting and periodic texturing for high-efficiency solar cells
Disclosed are configurations of long-range ordered features of solar cell materials, and methods for forming same. Some features include electrical access openings through a backing layer to a photovoltaic material in the solar cell. Some features include textured features disposed adjacent a surface of a solar cell material. Typically the long-range ordered features are formed by ablating the solar cell material with a laser interference pattern from at least two laser beams.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UT-Battelle, LLC (Oak Ridge, TN) ORNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- ORNL (Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States))
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 14 SOLAR ENERGY
Other works cited in this record:Method of making an enhanced optical absorption and radiation tolerance in thin-film solar cells and photodetectors
patent, September 2006
- Zaidi, Saleem H.
- US Patent Document 7,109,517
Bio-mimetic scaling of mechanical behavior of thin films, coatings, and surfaces by Laser Interference Metallurgy
journal, September 2005
- Daniel, C.; John Balk, T.; Wübben, T.
- Advanced Engineering Materials, Vol. 7, Issue 9, p. 823-826
Phase-Modulated Hierarchical Surface Structures by Interfering Laser Beams
journal, October 2006
- Daniel, C.; Dahotre, N. B.
- Advanced Engineering Materials, Vol. 8, Issue 10, p. 925-932
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: