Water-soluble carbon nanotube compositions for drug delivery and medicinal applications
Compositions comprising a plurality of functionalized carbon nanotubes and at least one type of payload molecule are provided herein. The compositions are soluble in water and PBS in some embodiments. In certain embodiments, the payload molecules are insoluble in water. Methods are described for making the compositions and administering the compositions. An extended release formulation for paclitaxel utilizing functionalized carbon nanotubes is also described.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- William Marsh Rice University (Houston, TX); Board of Regents, The University of Texas System (Austin, TX) GFO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2008 Oct 03
- Research Org:
- William Marsh Rice University, Houston, TX (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Functionalized carbon nanotubes as emerging nanovectors for the delivery of therapeutics
journal, March 2006
- Klumpp, Cédric; Kostarelos, Kostas; Prato, Maurizio
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biomembranes, Vol. 1758, Issue 3, p. 404-412
Individually Suspended Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes in Various Surfactants
journal, October 2003
- Moore, Valerie C.; Strano, Michael S.; Haroz, Erik H.
- Nano Letters, Vol. 3, Issue 10, p. 1379-1382
Oral insulin delivery using P(MAA-g-EG) hydrogels: effects of network morphology on insulin delivery characteristics
journal, March 2004
- Nakamura, Koji; Murray, Robert J.; Joseph, Jeffrey I.
- Journal of Controlled Release, Vol. 95, Issue 3, p. 589-599
Design of poly(ethylene glycol)-tethered copolymers as novel mucoadhesive drug delivery systems
journal, May 2006
- Serra, Laura; Doménech, Jose; Peppas, Nicholas A.
- European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Vol. 63, Issue 1, p. 11-18
Functionalized Carbon Nanotubes: Properties and Applications
journal, December 2002
- Sun, Ya-Ping; Fu, Kefu; Lin, Yi
- Accounts of Chemical Research, Vol. 35, Issue 12, p. 1096-1104
Reversible water-solubilization of single-walled carbon nanotubes by polymer wrapping
journal, July 2001
- O'Connell, Michael J.; Boul, Peter; Ericson, Lars M.
- Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 342, Issue 3-4, p. 265-271
Large-scale purification of single-wall carbon nanotubes: process, product, and characterization
journal, July 1998
- Rinzler, A. G.; Liu, J.; Dai, H.
- Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing, Vol. 67, Issue 1, p. 29-37
Purification and Characterization of Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes (SWNTs) Obtained from the Gas-Phase Decomposition of CO (HiPco Process)
journal, September 2001
- Chiang, I. W.; Brinson, B. E.; Huang, A. Y.
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, Vol. 105, Issue 35, p. 8297-8301
Length sorting cut single wall carbon nanotubes by high performance liquid chromatography
journal, September 2002
- Farkas, Elaine; Elizabeth Anderson, M.; Chen, Zhihong
- Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 363, Issue 1-2, p. 111-116
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: