Ionic liquids for separation of olefin-paraffin mixtures
The invention is directed to an ionic liquid comprising (i) a cationic portion containing a complex of a silver (I) ion and one or more neutral ligands selected from organoamides, organoamines, olefins, and organonitriles, and (ii) an anionic portion having the chemical formula ##STR00001## wherein m and n are independently 0 or an integer of 1 or above, and p is 0 or 1, provided that when p is 0, the group --N--SO.sub.2--(CF.sub.2).sub.nCF.sub.3 subtended by p is replaced with an oxide atom connected to the shown sulfur atom. The invention is also directed to a method for separating an olefin from an olefin-paraffin mixture by passing the mixture through a layer of the ionic liquid described above.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UT-Battelle, LLC (Oak Ridge, TN) ORNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- ORNL (Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States))
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Defining the challenges for C3H6/C3H8 separation using polymeric membranes
journal, January 2003
- Burns, Ryan L.; Koros, William J.
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 211, Issue 2, p. 299-309
Novel perfluorinated ionomers and ionenes
journal, June 1995
- DesMarteau, Darryl D.
- Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, Vol. 72, Issue 2, p. 203-208
The use of ionic liquids as efficient extraction medium in the reactive separation of cycloolefins from cyclohexane
journal, November 2009
- Gorri, Daniel; Ruiz, Alicia; Ortiz, Alfredo
- Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 154, Issue 1-3, p. 241-245
Perfectly Staggered and Twisted Difluoromethylene Groups in Perfluoroalkyl Chains: Structure of M[C4F9SO2NSO2C4F9](M= Na, K)
journal, July 1997
- Xue, Lixin; DesMarteau, Darryl D.; Pennington, William T.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition in English, Vol. 36, Issue 12, p. 1331-1333
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: