Plasmon resonant cavities in vertical nanowire arrays
Tunable plasmon resonant cavity arrays in paired parallel nanowire waveguides are presented. Resonances can be observed when the waveguide length is an odd multiple of quarter plasmon wavelengths, consistent with boundary conditions of node and antinode at the ends. Two nanowire waveguides can satisfy the dispersion relation of a planar metal-dielectric-metal waveguide of equivalent width equal to the square field average weighted gap. Confinement factors of over 10.sup.3 are possible due to plasmon focusing in the inter-wire space.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC (Livermore, CA) LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- LLNL (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States))
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Metallic nanowire arrays and methods for making and using same
patent, May 2010
- Habib, Youssef M.; Steinbeck, John
- US Patent Document 7,713,849
Platform for chemical and biological sensing by surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy
patent-application, July 2008
- Moskovits, Martin; Lee, Seung; Pavel, Ioana
- US Patent Application 12/018763; 20080174775
Wafer Scale Plasmonics-Active Metallic Nanostructures And Methods Of Fabricating Same
patent-application, July 2011
- Dhawan, Anuj; Gerhold, Michael; Wang, Hsin-Neng
- US Patent Application 12/957921; 20110166045
Highly Efficient Plamonic Devices, Molecule Detection Systems, and Methods of Making the Same
patent-application, April 2012
- Moskovits, Martin; Deng, Xuegong; Tombler, Jr., Thomas
- US Patent Application 13/273105; 20120081703
Advances in surface plasmon resonance biosensor analysis
journal, February 2000
- Rich, R.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 11, Issue 1, p. 54-61
Surface plasmon subwavelength optics
journal, August 2003
- Barnes, William L.; Dereux, Alain; Ebbesen, Thomas W.
- Nature, Vol. 424, Issue 6950, p. 824-830
Surface plasmons enhance optical transmission through subwavelength holes
journal, September 1998
- Ghaemi, H. F.; Thio, Tineke; Grupp, D. E.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 58, Issue 11, p. 6779-6782
Beaming Light from a Subwavelength Aperture
journal, June 2002
- Lezec, H. J.; Degiron, A.; Linke, R. A.
- Science, Vol. 297, Issue 5582, p. 820-822
Metal cluster enhanced organic solar cells
journal, February 2000
- Westphalen, M.; Kreibig, U.; Rostalski, J.
- Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 61, Issue 1, p. 97-105
Optical Constants of the Noble Metals
journal, December 1972
- Johnson, P. B.; Christy, R. W.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 6, Issue 12, p. 4370-4379
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: