Method and system for radioisotope generation
A system and a process for producing selected isotopic daughter products from parent materials characterized by the steps of loading the parent material upon a sorbent having a functional group configured to selectively bind the parent material under designated conditions, generating the selected isotopic daughter products, and eluting said selected isotopic daughter products from the sorbent. In one embodiment, the process also includes the step of passing an eluent formed by the elution step through a second sorbent material that is configured to remove a preselected material from said eluent. In some applications a passage of the material through a third sorbent material after passage through the second sorbent material is also performed.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Battelle Memorial Institute (Richland, WA) PNNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- PNNL (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), Richland, WA (United States))
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:A novel 99mTc delivery system using (n,γ)99Mo adsorbed on a large alumina column in tandem with Dowex-1 and AgCl columns
journal, July 2002
- Chattopadhyay, S.; Das, M. K.; Sarkar, S. K.
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 57, Issue 1, p. 7-16
Development of a titanium tungstate-based 188W/188Re gel generator using tungsten of natural isotopic abundance
journal, November 2002
- Dadachov, M. S.; Van So, Le; Lambrecht, R. M.
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 57, Issue 5, p. 641-646
Processing of reactor-produced 188W for fabrication of clinical scale alumina-based 188W/188Re generators
journal, December 1994
- Knapp, F. F.(Russ); Callahan, A. P.; Beets, A. L.
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 45, Issue 12, p. 1123-1128
Development of a high performance 188W/188Re generator by using a synthetic alumina
journal, July 2009
- Lee, Jun Sig; Lee, Jong-Soup; Park, Ul-Jae
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 67, Issue 7-8, p. 1162-1166
Correlation of heavy metal binding capacity of thiol-SAMMS using the Misono softness parameter
journal, January 2006
- Mattigod, Shas V.; Parker, Kent; Fryxell, Glen E.
- Inorganic Chemistry Communications, Vol. 9, Issue 1, p. 96-98
Anion binding in self-assembled monolayers in mesoporous supports (SAMMS)
journal, June 2007
- Mattigod, Shas V.; Fryxell, Glen E.; Parker, Kent E.
- Inorganic Chemistry Communications, Vol. 10, Issue 6, p. 646-648
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: