Electro-chemical sensors, sensor arrays and circuits
An electro-chemical sensor includes a first electrode, a second electrode spaced apart from the first electrode, and a semiconductor channel in electrical contact with the first and second electrodes. The semiconductor channel includes a trapping material. The trapping material reduces an ability of the semiconductor channel to conduct a current of charge carriers by trapping at least some of the charge carriers to localized regions within the semiconductor channel. The semiconductor channel includes at least a portion configured to be exposed to an analyte to be detected, and the trapping material, when exposed to the analyte, interacts with the analyte so as to at least partially restore the ability of the semiconductor channel to conduct the current of charge carriers.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (USA).
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:Localized Charge Transfer in a Molecularly Doped Conducting Polymer
journal, September 2007
- Aziz, E. F.; Vollmer, A.; Eisebitt, S.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 20, p. 3257-3260
Modification of electrodes with porphyrin-functionalised conductive polymers
journal, June 1998
- Ballarin, B.; Masiero, S.; Seeber, R.
- Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Vol. 449, Issue 1-2, p. 173-180
Molecular Design and Ordering Effects in π-Functional Materials for Transistor and Solar Cell Applications
journal, December 2011
- Beaujuge, Pierre M.; Fréchet, Jean M. J.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 133, Issue 50, p. 20009-20029
Towards highly oriented polythiophenes incorporating mesogenic or tetrathiafulvalene substituents
journal, January 1991
- Bryce, Martin R.; Chissel, André D.; Gopal, Jaya
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 39, Issue 3, p. 397-400
Organic Thin Film Transistors for Large Area Electronics
journal, January 2002
- Dimitrakopoulos, C.D.; Malenfant, P. R. L.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 14, Issue 2, p. 99-117
Research progress on polymer–inorganic thermoelectric nanocomposite materials
journal, June 2012
- Du, Yong; Shen, Shirley Z.; Cai, Kefeng
- Progress in Polymer Science, Vol. 37, Issue 6, p. 820-841
The path to ubiquitous and low-cost organic electronic appliances on plastic
journal, April 2004
- Forrest, Stephen R.
- Nature, Vol. 428, Issue 6986, p. 911-918
Conjugated Polymer-Based Organic Solar Cells
journal, April 2007
- Günes, Serap; Neugebauer, Helmut; Sariciftci, Niyazi Serdar
- Chemical Reviews, Vol. 107, Issue 4, p. 1324-1338
Thermoelectric figure-of-merit of iodine-doped copolymer of phenylenevinylene with dialkoxyphenylenevinylene
journal, June 2007
- Hiroshige, Yuji; Ookawa, Makoto; Toshima, Naoki
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 157, Issue 10-12, p. 467-474
Monolayer‐Dimensional 5,5′‐Bis(4‐hexylphenyl)‐2,2′‐bithiophene Transistors and Chemically Responsive Heterostructures
journal, July 2008
- Huang, Jia; Sun, Jia; Katz, Howard E.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 20, Issue 13, p. 2567-2572
Molecular Junctions Composed of Oligothiophene Dithiol-Bridged Gold Nanoparticles Exhibiting Photoresponsive Properties
journal, January 2006
- Huang, Wei; Masuda, Gou; Maeda, Seisuke
- Chemistry - A European Journal, Vol. 12, Issue 2, p. 607-619
Electrosynthesis of Highly Electroactive Tetrathiafulvalene-Derivatized Polythiophenes
journal, May 1998
- Huchet, Laurent; Akoudad, Said; Roncali, Jean
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 10, Issue 7, p. 541-545
Thermoelectric power and conductivity of different types of polypyrrole
journal, May 1999
- Kemp, N. T.; Kaiser, A. B.; Liu, C.-J.
- Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics, Vol. 37, Issue 9, p. 953-960
Development of Dendrimers: Macromolecules for Use in Organic Light-Emitting Diodes and Solar Cells
journal, April 2007
- Lo, Shih-Chun; Burn, Paul L.
- Chemical Reviews, Vol. 107, Issue 4, p. 1097-1116
Electrical conductivity and thermoelectric power of polypyrrole with different doping levels
journal, October 1988
- Maddison, D. S.; Unsworth, J.; Roberts, R. B.
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 26, Issue 1, p. 99-108
Metallic transport properties in electrochemically as-grown and heavily doped polythiophene and poly(3-methylthiophene)
journal, April 1993
- Masubuchi, S.; Kazama, S.; Mizoguchi, K.
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 57, Issue 2-3, p. 4962-4967
Metallic properties of transition metal halides doped polyacetylene: The soliton liquid state
journal, April 1991
- Park, Y. W.; Yoon, C. O.; Na, B. C.
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 41, Issue 1-2, p. 27-32
Structure and morphology: relation to thermopower properties of conductive polymers
journal, November 1991
- Park, Y. W.
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 45, Issue 2, p. 173-182
Anisotropy of thermoelectric power of stretch-oriented new polyacetylene
journal, February 1994
- Pukacki, Wojciech; Płocharski, Janusz; Roth, Siegmar
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 62, Issue 3, p. 253-256
Characterization of the conductivity of organic thiols by field emission microscopy and field emission spectroscopy
journal, December 1994
- Purcell, S. T.; Garcia, N.; Binh, Vu Thien
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 116, Issue 26, p. 11985-11989
Tuning of the aqueous electroactivity of substituted poly(thiophene)s by ether groups
journal, June 1990
- Roncali, Jean; Shi, Li Hong; Garreau, Robert
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 36, Issue 2, p. 267-273
Analyte selective response in solution-deposited tetrabenzoporphyrin thin-film field-effect transistor sensors
journal, November 2011
- Royer, James E.; Lee, Sangyeob; Chen, Charlene
- Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 158, Issue 1, p. 333-339
Enhanced Response of n-Channel Naphthalenetetracarboxylic Diimide Transistors to Dimethyl Methylphosphonate Using Phenolic Receptors
journal, September 2007
- See, K. C.; Becknell, A.; Miragliotta, J.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 20, p. 3322-3327
Molecular recognition and chemoresistive materials
journal, July 1994
- Swager, Timothy M.; Marsella, Michael J.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 6, Issue 7-8, p. 595-597
Polymer–Fullerene Composite Solar Cells
journal, January 2008
- Thompson, Barry C.; Fréchet, Jean M. J.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 47, Issue 1, p. 58-77
Contact effects in organic thin-film transistor sensors
journal, April 2009
- Torsi, Luisa; Marinelli, Francesco; Angione, M. Daniela
- Organic Electronics, Vol. 10, Issue 2, p. 233-239
Charge Transport, Photovoltaic, and Thermoelectric Properties of Poly(2,7‐Carbazole) and Poly(Indolo[3,2‐b]Carbazole) Derivatives
journal, August 2008
- Wakim, Salem; Aïch, Badrou‐Réda; Tao, Ye
- Polymer Reviews, Vol. 48, Issue 3, p. 432-462
Recent Progress in n-Channel Organic Thin-Film Transistors
journal, January 2010
- Wen, Yugeng; Liu, Yunqi
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 22, Issue 12, p. 1331-1345
Three-Dimensional Electronic Delocalization in Chiral Conjugated Polymers
journal, November 2002
- Zahn, Steffen; Swager, Timothy M.
- Angewandte Chemie, Vol. 114, Issue 22, p. 4399-4404
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: