Concave nanomagnets with widely tunable anisotropy
A nanomagnet having widely tunable anisotropy is disclosed. The disclosed nanomagnet is a magnetic particle with a convex shape having a first magnetically easy axis. The convex shape is modified to include at least one concavity to urge a second magnetically easy axis to form substantially offset from the first magnetically easy axis. In at least one embodiment, the convex shape is also modified to include at least one concavity to urge a second magnetically easy axis to form with a magnetic strength substantially different from the first magnetically easy axis.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- LBNL (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States))
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:Self-aligning QCA based nanomaterials
patent, February 2007
- Bhargava, Rameshwar Nath; Chhabra, Vishal
- US Patent Document 7,175,778
Magnetic QCA systems
journal, July 2005
- Bernstein, G. H.; Imre, A.; Metlushko, V.
- Microelectronics Journal, Vol. 36, Issue 7, p. 619-624
Investigation of shape-dependent switching of coupled nanomagnets
journal, September 2003
- Imre, Alexandra; Csaba, György; Bernstein, Gary H.
- Superlattices and Microstructures, Vol. 34, Issue 3-6, p. 513-518
Majority Logic Gate for Magnetic Quantum-Dot Cellular Automata
journal, January 2006
- Imre, A.; Csaba, G.; Ji, L.
- Science, Vol. 311, Issue Article No. 5758, p. 205-208
Magnetic Domain-Wall Racetrack Memory
journal, April 2008
- Parkin, S. S. P.; Hayashi, M.; Thomas, L.
- Science, Vol. 320, Issue 5873, p. 190-194
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: