Recombinant clostridia that fix CO2 and CO and uses thereof
The present invention relates a recombinant Clostridium expressing one or more heterologous Wood-Ljungdahl (WL) genes. In particular, the recombinant Clostridium produces a metabolite at an increased level. The present invention also relates to a method for producing a metabolite by the recombinant Clostridium.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- University of Delaware (Newark, DE) ARPA-E
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Research Org:
- University of Delaware, Newark, DE (USA).
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Basic local alignment search tool
journal, October 1990
- Altschul, Stephen F.; Gish, Warren; Miller, Webb
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 215, Issue 3, p. 403-410
A genomic-library based discovery of a novel, possibly synthetic, acid-tolerance mechanism in Clostridium acetobutylicum involving non-coding RNAs and ribosomal RNA processing
journal, May 2010
- Borden, Jacob R.; Jones, Shawn W.; Indurthi, Dinesh
- Metabolic Engineering, Vol. 12, Issue 3, p. 268-281
Physiology of the thermophilic acetogen Moorella thermoacetica
journal, December 2004
- Drake, Harold L.; Daniel, Steven L.
- Research in Microbiology, Vol. 155, Issue 10, p. 869-883
Bioproduction of butanol from biomass: from genes to bioreactors
journal, June 2007
- Ezeji, Thaddeus Chukwuemeka; Qureshi, Nasib; Blaschek, Hans Peter
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 18, Issue 3, p. 220-227
Identification and molecular genetic analysis of replication functions of the bacteriocinogenic plasmid pIP404 from Clostridium perfringens
journal, March 1988
- Garnier, Thierry; Cole, Stewart T.
- Plasmid, Vol. 19, Issue 2, p. 151-160
Metabolic pathways of clostridia for producing butanol
journal, November 2009
- Gheshlaghi, R.; Scharer, J. M.; Moo-Young, M.
- Biotechnology Advances, Vol. 27, Issue 6, p. 764-781
Characterization of recombinant strains of the Clostridium acetobutylicum butyrate kinase inactivation mutant: Need for new phenomenological models for solventogenesis and butanol inhibition?
journal, January 2000
- Harris, Latonia M.; Desai, Ruchir P.; Welker, Neil E.
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 67, Issue 1, p. 1-11
A modular system for Clostridium shuttle plasmids
journal, July 2009
- Heap, John T.; Pennington, Oliver J.; Cartman, Stephen T.
- Journal of Microbiological Methods, Vol. 78, Issue 1, p. 79-85
PerR acts as a switch for oxygen tolerance in the strict anaerobe Clostridium acetobutylicum
journal, May 2008
- Hillmann, Falk; Fischer, Ralf-Jörg; Saint-Prix, Florence
- Molecular Microbiology, Vol. 68, Issue 4, p. 848-860
KEGG: Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes
journal, January 2000
- Kanehisa, Minoru; Goto, Susumu
- Nucleic Acids Research, Vol. 28, Issue 1, p. 27-30
Clostridium ljungdahlii represents a microbial production platform based on syngas
journal, July 2010
- Kopke, M.; Held, C.; Hujer, S.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 107, Issue 29, p. 13087-13092
Gas chromatography and gateway sensors for on-line state estimation of complex fermentations (butanol-acetone fermentation)
journal, August 1985
- McLaughlin, Joseph K.; Meyer, Charles L.; Papoutsakis, Eleftherios T.
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 27, Issue 8, p. 1246-1257
Engineering solventogenic clostridia
journal, October 2008
- Papoutsakis, Eleftherios T.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 19, Issue 5, p. 420-429
Acetogenesis and the Wood–Ljungdahl pathway of CO2 fixation
journal, December 2008
- Ragsdale, Stephen W.; Pierce, Elizabeth
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Proteins and Proteomics, Vol. 1784, Issue 12, p. 1873-1898
Optimization of a heterologous pathway for the production of flavonoids from glucose
journal, July 2011
- Santos, Christine Nicole S.; Koffas, Mattheos; Stephanopoulos, Gregory
- Metabolic Engineering, Vol. 13, Issue 4, p. 392-400
Metabolic engineering of the non-sporulating, non-solventogenic Clostridium acetobutylicum strain M5 to produce butanol without acetone demonstrate the robustness of the acid-formation pathways and the importance of the electron balance
journal, November 2008
- Sillers, Ryan; Chow, Alison; Tracy, Bryan
- Metabolic Engineering, Vol. 10, Issue 6, p. 321-332
Aldehyde-alcohol dehydrogenase and/or thiolase overexpression coupled with CoA transferase downregulation lead to higher alcohol titers and selectivity in Clostridium acetobutylicum fermentations
journal, January 2009
- Sillers, Ryan; Al-Hinai, Mohab Ali; Papoutsakis, Eleftherios T.
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 102, Issue 1, p. 38-49
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: