Disclosed is a modified photoautotrophic bacterium comprising genes of interest that are modified in terms of their expression and/or coding region sequence, wherein modification of the genes of interest increases production of a desired product in the bacterium relative to the amount of the desired product production in a photoautotrophic bacterium that is not modified with respect to the genes of interest.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Arizona Board of Regents on behalf of Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) OAK
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2007 Oct 19
- Research Org:
- Arizona State University, Scottsdale, AZ (United States). Arizona Board of Regents
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Process for amplifying nucleic acid sequences
patent, July 1987
- Mullis, Kary B.
- US Patent Document 4,683,202
Method for preparing fertile transgenic corn plants
patent, July 1996
- Lundquist, Ronald; Walters, David
- US Patent Document 5,538,880
Methods and compositions for the production of stably transformed, fertile monocot plants and cells thereof
patent, August 1996
- Adams, Thomas; Chambers, Sheryl; Daines, Richard
- US Patent Document 5,550,318
Delivery of exogenous DNA sequences in a mammal
patent, December 1996
- Felgner, Philip; Wolff, Jon; Rhodes, Gary
- US Patent Document 5,580,859
Induction of a protective immune response in a mammal by injecting a DNA sequence
patent, December 1996
- Felgner, Philip; Wolff, Jon; Rhodes, Gary
- US Patent Document 5,589,466
Genetically modified cyanobacteria for the production of ethanol, the constructs and method thereof
patent, March 2004
- Woods, Robert Paul; Coleman, John Robert; De Deng, Ming
- US Patent Document 6,699,696
Protein tolerance to random amino acid change
journal, June 2004
- Guo, H. H.; Choe, J.; Loeb, L. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 25, p. 9205-9210
Transforming growth factor alpha: mutation of aspartic acid 47 and leucine 48 results in different biological activities.
journal, March 1988
- Lazar, E.; Watanabe, S.; Dalton, S.
- Molecular and Cellular Biology, Vol. 8, Issue 3, p. 1247-1252
Functional Analysis of Conserved Histidines in ADP-Glucose Pyrophosphorylase from Escherichia coli
journal, March 1998
- Hill, Margaret A.; Preiss, Jack
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Vol. 244, Issue 2, p. 573-577
Disentangling the perturbational effects of amino acid substitutions in the DNA-binding domain of p53
journal, February 1999
- Wacey, A. I.; Cooper, D. N.; Liney, D.
- Human Genetics, Vol. 104, Issue 1, p. 15-22
Polyhydroxyalkanoates: an overview
journal, April 2003
- Reddy, C. S. K.; Ghai, R.
- Bioresource Technology, Vol. 87, Issue 2, p. 137-146
Overproduction of Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase Activity Increases the Rate of Fatty Acid Biosynthesis in Escherichia coli
journal, July 2000
- Davis, Mark S.; Solbiati, José; Cronan, John E.
- Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol. 275, Issue 37, p. 28593-28598
Vipp1 deletion mutant of Synechocystis: A connection between bacterial phage shock and thylakoid biogenesis?
journal, March 2001
- Westphal, S.; Heins, L.; Soll, J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 98, Issue 7, p. 4243-4248
VIPP1, a nuclear gene of Arabidopsis thaliana essential for thylakoid membrane formation
journal, March 2001
- Kroll, D.; Meierhoff, K.; Bechtold, N.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 98, Issue 7, p. 4238-4242
Effects of co-expression of two higher plants genes ALD and TPI in Anabaena sp. PCC7120 on photosynthetic CO2 fixation
journal, March 2005
- Kang, Rui-Juan; Shi, Ding-Ji; Cong, Wei
- Enzyme and Microbial Technology, Vol. 36, Issue 4, p. 600-604
Engineering a platform for photosynthetic isoprene production in cyanobacteria, using Synechocystis as the model organism
journal, January 2010
- Lindberg, Pia; Park, Sungsoon; Melis, Anastasios
- Metabolic Engineering, Vol. 12, Issue 1, p. 70-79
Emissions of hydrocarbons from marine phytoplankton—Some results from controlled laboratory experiments
journal, July 1996
- McKay, W. A.; Turner, M. F.; Jones, B. M. R.
- Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 30, Issue 14, p. 2583-2593
Gene expression and characterization of isoprene synthase from Populus alba
journal, April 2005
- Sasaki, Kanako; Ohara, Kazuaki; Yazaki, Kazufumi
- FEBS Letters, Vol. 579, Issue 11, p. 2514-2518
Photosynthetic accumulation of poly-(hydroxybutyrate) by cyanobacteria—the metabolism and potential for CO2 recycling
journal, June 1999
- Asada, Yasuo; Miyake, Masato; Miyake, Jun
- International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Vol. 25, Issue 1-3, p. 37-42
Blunt-end and single-strand ligations by Escherichia coli ligase: influence on an in vitro amplication scheme
journal, April 1990
- Barringer, Kevin J.; Orgel, Leslie; Wahl, Geoff
- Gene, Vol. 89, Issue 1, p. 117-122
Deoxynucleoside phosphoramidites—A new class of key intermediates for deoxypolynucleotide synthesis
journal, January 1981
- Beaucage, S. L.; Caruthers, M. H.
- Tetrahedron Letters, Vol. 22, Issue 20, p. 1859-1862
A plasmid vector for isolation of strong promoters in Escherichia coli
journal, August 1999
- Carbonelli, Daniela L.; Corley, Esteban; Seigelchifer, Mauricio
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 177, Issue 1, p. 75-82
The occurrence of poly-β-hydroxybutyrate in the blue-green alga, Chlorogloea fritschii
journal, June 1966
- Carr, N. G.
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biophysics including Photosynthesis, Vol. 120, Issue 2, p. 308-310
Phospholipid:diacylglycerol acyltransferase: An enzyme that catalyzes the acyl-CoA-independent formation of triacylglycerol in yeast and plants
journal, May 2000
- Dahlqvist, A.; Stahl, U.; Lenman, M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 97, Issue 12, p. 6487-6492
A new technique for the assay of infectivity of human adenovirus 5 DNA
journal, April 1973
- Graham, F. L.; van der Eb, A. J.
- Virology, Vol. 52, Issue 2, p. 456-467
Transformation in the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. 6803
journal, April 1982
- Grigorieva, G.; Shestakov, S.
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 13, Issue 4, p. 367-370
Isothermal, in vitro amplification of nucleic acids by a multienzyme reaction modeled after retroviral replication.
journal, March 1990
- Guatelli, J. C.; Whitfield, K. M.; Kwoh, D. Y.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 87, Issue 5, p. 1874-1878
Transcription-based amplification system and detection of amplified human immunodeficiency virus type 1 with a bead-based sandwich hybridization format.
journal, February 1989
- Kwoh, D. Y.; Davis, G. R.; Whitfield, K. M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 86, Issue 4, p. 1173-1177
Effect of growth conditions on endo- and exopolymer biosynthesis in Anabaena cylindrica 10 C
journal, June 1996
- Lama, Licia; Nicolaus, Barbara; Calandrelli, Valeria
- Phytochemistry, Vol. 42, Issue 3, p. 655-659
By-passing immunization: Human antibodies from V-gene libraries displayed on phage
journal, December 1991
- Marks, James D.; Hoogenboom, Hennie R.; Bonnert, Timothy P.
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 222, Issue 3, p. 581-597
A thermophilic cyanobacterium, Synechococcus sp. MA19, capable of accumulating poly-β-hydroxybutyrate
journal, January 1996
- Miyake, Masato; Erata, Mayumi; Asada, Yasuo
- Journal of Fermentation and Bioengineering, Vol. 82, Issue 5, p. 512-514
Complete Genome Structure of the Thermophilic Cyanobacterium Thermosynechococcus elongatus BP-1
journal, January 2002
- Nakamura, Y.
- DNA Research, Vol. 9, Issue 4, p. 123-130
Liposome-mediated DNA transfer in eukaryotic cells: Dependence of the transfer efficiency upon the type of liposomes used and the host cell cycle stage
journal, October 1982
- Nicolau, Claude; Sene, Claude
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research, Vol. 721, Issue 2, p. 185-190
A myb gene required for leaf trichome differentiation in Arabidopsis is expressed in stipules
journal, November 1991
- Oppenheimer, David G.; Herman, Patricia L.; Sivakumaran, Shan
- Cell, Vol. 67, Issue 3, p. 483-493
Generic Assignments, Strain Histories and Properties of Pure Cultures of Cyanobacteria
journal, March 1979
- Stanier, Roger Y.; Deruelles, Josette; Rippka, Rosmarie
- Microbiology, Vol. 111, Issue 1, p. 1-61
The blue-green alga agmenellum quadruplicatum contains covalently closed DNA circles
journal, December 1976
- Roberts, Thomas M.; Koths, Kirston E.
- Cell, Vol. 9, Issue 4, p. 551-557
Effect of modifying metabolic network on poly-3-hydroxybutyrate biosynthesis in recombinant Escherichia coli
journal, January 1999
- Shi, Huidong; Nikawa, Junichi; Shimizu, Kazuyuki
- Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, Vol. 87, Issue 5, p. 666-677
Modes of cyanobacterial carbon metabolism
journal, July 1983
- Smith, A. J.
- Annales de l'Institut Pasteur / Microbiologie, Vol. 134, Issue 1, p. 93-113
Poly(hydroxyalkanoate) in cyanobacteria: an overview
journal, December 1992
- Stal, Lucas J.
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 103, Issue 2-4, p. 169-180
The three-dimensional structure of the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803
journal, December 2005
- van de Meene, Allison M.L.; Hohmann-Marriott, Martin F.; Vermaas, Wim F.J.
- Archives of Microbiology, Vol. 184, Issue 5, p. 259-270
Transcriptional analysis of the isiAB operon in salt-stressed cells of the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803
journal, December 1998
- Vinnemeier, Josef; Kunert, Anja; Hagemann, Martin
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 169, Issue 2, p. 323-330
Mechanism of lipid-body formation in prokaryotes: how bacteria fatten up
journal, December 2004
- Wältermann, Marc; Hinz, Andreas; Robenek, Horst
- Molecular Microbiology, Vol. 55, Issue 3, p. 750-763
Appearance of β-lactamase activity in animal cells upon liposome-mediated gene transfer
journal, July 1980
- Tai-Kin, Wong; Nicolau, Claude; Hofschneider, Peter Hans
- Gene, Vol. 10, Issue 2, p. 87-94
Specificity of the nick-closing activity of bacteriophage T4 DNA ligase
journal, March 1989
- Wu, Dan Y.; Wallace, R. Bruce
- Gene, Vol. 76, Issue 2, p. 245-254
Accumulation of poly-β-hydroxybutyrate in cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC6803
journal, January 2001
- Wu, G. F.; Wu, Q. Y.; Shen, Z. Y.
- Bioresource Technology, Vol. 76, Issue 2, p. 85-90
Procaryotic complex I (NDH-1), an overview
journal, May 1998
- Yagi, Takao; Yano, Takahiro; Di Bernardo, Salvatore
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Bioenergetics, Vol. 1364, Issue 2, p. 125-133
Chloroplast membrane transport: Interplay of prokaryotic and eukaryotic traits
journal, July 2005
- Vothknecht, Ute C.; Soll, Jürgen
- Gene, Vol. 354, p. 99-109
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: