High coking value pitch
A high coking value pitch prepared from coal tar distillate and has a low softening point and a high carbon value while containing substantially no quinoline insolubles is disclosed. The pitch can be used as an impregnant or binder for producing carbon and graphite articles.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- GrafTech International Holdings Inc. (Parma, OH) NETL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- NETL (National Energy Technology Laboratory, Pittsburgh, PA, and Morgantown, WV (United States))
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 01 COAL, LIGNITE, AND PEAT
Other works cited in this record:Thermodynamics of carbonaceous mesophase: II. General theory for nonideal solutions
journal, May 2001
- Hu, Ying; Hurt, Robert H.
- Carbon, Vol. 39, Issue 6, p. 887-896
Quantitative determination of anisotropic domain size in mesophase pitch
journal, January 1987
- Lewis, R. T.; Lewis, I. C.; Greinke, R. A.
- Carbon, Vol. 25, Issue 2, p. 289-294
A laser desorption ionization mass spectrometry investigation of triarylboranes and tri-9-anthrylborane photolysis products
journal, February 2005
- Ramsey, Brian G.; Bier, Mark E.
- Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, Vol. 690, Issue 4, p. 962-971
Evaluation of a delayed coking process by 1H and 13C n.m.r. spectroscopy: 2. Detailed interpretation of liquid n.m.r. spectra
journal, December 1994
- Rodriguez, Joaquin; Tierney, John W.; Wender, Irving
- Fuel, Vol. 73, Issue 12, p. 1870-1875
Rheological characteristics of coal tar and petroleum pitches with and without additives
journal, January 1977
- Bhatia, G.; Aggarwal, R. K.; Chari, S. S.
- Carbon, Vol. 15, Issue 4, p. 219-223
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: