X-ray characterization of solid small molecule organic materials
The present invention provides, inter alia, methods of characterizing a small molecule organic material, e.g., a drug or a drug product. This method includes subjecting the solid small molecule organic material to x-ray total scattering analysis at a short wavelength, collecting data generated thereby, and mathematically transforming the data to provide a refined set of data.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York (New York, NY) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Electron diffraction, X-ray powder diffraction and pair-distribution-function analyses to determine the crystal structures of Pigment Yellow 213, C23H21N5O9
journal, March 2009
- Schmidt, Martin U.; Brühne, Stefan; Wolf, Alexandra K.
- Acta Crystallographica Section B Structural Science, Vol. 65, Issue 2, p. 189-199
Crystal nucleation and growth of indomethacin polymorphs from the amorphous state
journal, July 2000
- Andronis, Vlassios; Zografi, George
- Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, Vol. 271, Issue 3, p. 236-248
PolySNAP: a computer program for analysing high-throughput powder diffraction data
journal, July 2004
- Barr, Gordon; Dong, Wei; Gilmore, Christopher J.
- Journal of Applied Crystallography, Vol. 37, Issue 4, p. 658-664
Nanoscale structural order from the atomic pair distribution function (PDF): There's plenty of room in the middle
journal, July 2008
- Billinge, Simon J.L.
- Journal of Solid State Chemistry, Vol. 181, Issue 7, p. 1695-1700
The nature of crystal disorder in milled pharmaceutical materials
journal, December 2008
- Chamarthy, Sai Prasanth; Pinal, Rodolfo
- Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Vol. 331, Issue 1-2, p. 68-75
Rapid-acquisition pair distribution function (RA-PDF) analysis
journal, November 2003
- Chupas, Peter J.; Qiu, Xiangyun; Hanson, Jonathan C.
- Journal of Applied Crystallography, Vol. 36, Issue 6, p. 1342-1347
Relationship between the atomic pair distribution function and small-angle scattering: implications for modeling of nanoparticles
journal, April 2009
- Farrow, Christopher L.; Billinge, Simon J. L.
- Acta Crystallographica Section A Foundations of Crystallography, Vol. 65, Issue 3, p. 232-239
Finite size effects of nanoparticles on the atomic pair distribution functions
journal, October 2006
- Kodama, Katsuaki; Iikubo, Satoshi; Taguchi, Tomitsugu
- Acta Crystallographica Section A Foundations of Crystallography, Vol. 62, Issue 6, p. 444-453
RAD, a program for analysis of X-ray diffraction data from amorphous materials for personal computers
journal, August 1989
- Petkov, V.
- Journal of Applied Crystallography, Vol. 22, Issue 4, p. 387-389
PDFgetX2: a GUI-driven program to obtain the pair distribution function from X-ray powder diffraction data
journal, July 2004
- Qiu, Xiangyun; Thompson, Jeroen W.; Billinge, Simon J. L.
- Journal of Applied Crystallography, Vol. 37, Issue 4, p. 678-678
A profile refinement method for nuclear and magnetic structures
journal, June 1969
- Rietveld, H. M.
- Journal of Applied Crystallography, Vol. 2, Issue 2, p. 65-71
Crystal Structures of Pigment Red 170 and Derivatives, as Determined by X-ray Powder Diffraction
journal, February 2006
- Schmidt, Martin U.; Hofmann, Detlef W. M.; Buchsbaum, Christian
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 45, Issue 8, p. 1313-1317
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: