Compositions and methods for improved protein production
The present invention relates to the identification of novel nucleic acid sequences, designated herein as 7p, 8k, 7E, 9G, 8Q and 203, in a host cell which effect protein production. The present invention also provides host cells having a mutation or deletion of part or all of the gene encoding 7p, 8k, 7E, 9G, 8Q and 203, which are presented in FIG. 1, and are SEQ ID NOS.: 1-6, respectively. The present invention also provides host cells further comprising a nucleic acid encoding a desired heterologous protein such as an enzyme.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Danisco US Inc. (Palo Alto, CA) NREL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- National Renewable Energy Lab. (NREL), Golden, CO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Process for amplifying, detecting, and/or-cloning nucleic acid sequences
patent, July 1987
- Mullis, Kary B.; Erlich, Henry A.; Arnheim, Norman
- US Patent Document 4,683,195
Basic local alignment search tool
journal, October 1990
- Altschul, Stephen F.; Gish, Warren; Miller, Webb
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 215, Issue 3, p. 403-410
Genetic transformation of intact cells of Bacillus subtilis by electroporation
journal, January 1990
- Brigidi, P.; Rossi, E.; Bertarini, M.L.
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 67, Issue 1-2, p. 135-138
The small, versatilepPZP family ofAgrobacterium binary vectors for plant transformation
journal, September 1994
- Hajdukiewicz, Peter; Svab, Zora; Maliga, Pal
- Plant Molecular Biology, Vol. 25, Issue 6, p. 989-994
Site-directed mutagenesis by overlap extension using the polymerase chain reaction
journal, April 1989
- Ho, Steffan N.; Hunt, Henry D.; Horton, Robert M.
- Gene, Vol. 77, Issue 1, p. 51-59
Engineering hybrid genes without the use of restriction enzymes: gene splicing by overlap extension
journal, April 1989
- Horton, Robert M.; Hunt, Henry D.; Ho, Steffan N.
- Gene, Vol. 77, Issue 1, p. 61-68
Thermal asymmetric interlaced PCR: automatable amplification and sequencing of insert end fragments from P1 and YAC clones for chromosome walking
journal, February 1995
- Liu, Yao-Guang; Whittier, Robert F.
- Genomics, Vol. 25, Issue 3, p. 674-681
Primary structure of the trpC gene from Aspergillus nidulans
journal, January 1985
- Mullaney, Edward J.; Hamer, John E.; Roberti, Kellee A.
- MGG Molecular & General Genetics, Vol. 199, Issue 1, p. 37-45
A general method applicable to the search for similarities in the amino acid sequence of two proteins
journal, March 1970
- Needleman, Saul B.; Wunsch, Christian D.
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 48, Issue 3, p. 443-453
Molecular cloning and characterization of the glucoamylase gene of Aspergillus awamori.
journal, November 1984
- Nunberg, J. H.; Meade, J. H.; Cole, G.
- Molecular and Cellular Biology, Vol. 4, Issue 11, p. 2306-2315
A versatile transformation system for the cellulolytic filamentous fungus Trichoderma reesei
journal, January 1987
- Penttilä, Merja; Nevalainen, Helena; Rättö, Marjaana
- Gene, Vol. 61, Issue 2, p. 155-164
Cellulases of Trichoderma reesei
journal, January 1988
- Schülein, Martin
- Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 160, p. 234-242
Comparison of biosequences
journal, December 1981
- Smith, Temple F.; Waterman, Michael S.
- Advances in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 2, Issue 4, p. 482-489
Production of recombinant proteins in the filamentous fungus Trichoderma reesei
journal, January 1995
- Keränen, Sirkka; Penttilä, Merja
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 6, Issue 5, p. 534-537
Enhanced production of cellobiohydrolases in Trichoderma reesei and evaluation of the new preparations in biofinishing of cotton
journal, March 2005
- Miettinen-Oinonen, Arja; Paloheimo, Marja; Lantto, Raija
- Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 116, Issue 3, p. 305-317
Filamentous fungi as cell factories for heterologous protein production
journal, May 2002
- Punt, Peter J.; van Biezen, Nick; Conesa, Ana
- Trends in Biotechnology, Vol. 20, Issue 5, p. 200-206
Construction of cellulase hyper-producers of Trichoderma reesei Rut C-30 for utilization of waste paper using colchicine and benomyl
journal, June 2002
- Toyama, Hideo; Yamagishi, Naotsugu; Toyama, Nobuo
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic, Vol. 17, Issue 3-5, p. 175-178
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: