Automated solar collector installation design including ability to define heterogeneous design preferences
Embodiments may include systems and methods to create and edit a representation of a worksite, to create various data objects, to classify such objects as various types of pre -defined "features" with attendant properties and layout constraints. As part of or in addition to classification, an embodiment may include systems and methods to create, associate, and edit intrinsic and extrinsic properties to these objects. A design engine may apply of design rules to the features described above to generate one or more solar collectors installation design alternatives, including generation of on-screen and/or paper representations of the physical layout or arrangement of the one or more design alternatives. Embodiments may also include definition of one or more design apertures, each of which may correspond to boundaries in which solar collector layouts should comply with distinct sets of user-defined design preferences. Distinct apertures may provide heterogeneous regions of collector layout according to the user-defined design preferences.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- SunPower Corporation (San Jose, CA) GFO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Dec 28
- Research Org:
- SunPower Corporation, San Jose, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 14 SOLAR ENERGY
Other works cited in this record:Configuration management in evolutionary engineering design using versioning and integrity constraints
journal, March 2004
- Carnduff, T. W.; Goonetillake, J. S.
- Advances in Engineering Software, Vol. 35, Issue 3-4, p. 161-177
Artificial intelligence techniques for photovoltaic applications: A review
journal, October 2008
- Mellit, Adel; Kalogirou, Soteris A.
- Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, Vol. 34, Issue 5, p. 574-632
Versioning and configuration management in design using CAD and complex wrapped objects
journal, July 2000
- Miles, J. C.; Gray, W. A.; Carnduff, T. W.
- Artificial Intelligence in Engineering, Vol. 14, Issue 3, p. 249-260
GIS-based decision support for solar energy planning in urban environments
journal, November 2001
- Rylatt, M.; Gadsden, S.; Lomas, K.
- Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, Vol. 25, Issue 6, p. 579-603
Simulations and knowledge-based computer-aided architectural design (CAAD) systems for passive and low energy architecture
journal, March 1996
- Shaviv, E.; Yezioro, A.; Capeluto, I. G.
- Energy and Buildings, Vol. 23, Issue 3, p. 257-269
From CAD to virtual reality: modelling approaches, data exchange and interactive 3D building design tools
journal, November 2000
- Whyte, J.; Bouchlaghem, N.; Thorpe, A.
- Automation in Construction, Vol. 10, Issue 1, p. 43-55
A knowledge based CAAD system for determining thermal comfort design strategies
journal, May 1996
- Yezioro, Abraham; Shaviv, Edna
- Renewable Energy, Vol. 8, Issue 1-4, p. 133-138
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: