Polymeric matrix materials for infrared metamaterials
A polymeric matrix material exhibits low loss at optical frequencies and facilitates the fabrication of all-dielectric metamaterials. The low-loss polymeric matrix material can be synthesized by providing an unsaturated polymer, comprising double or triple bonds; partially hydrogenating the unsaturated polymer; depositing a film of the partially hydrogenated polymer and a crosslinker on a substrate; and photopatterning the film by exposing the film to ultraviolet light through a patterning mask, thereby cross-linking at least some of the remaining unsaturated groups of the partially hydrogenated polymer in the exposed portions.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) SNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Nov 29
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Fabrication of optical negative-index metamaterials: Recent advances and outlook
journal, May 2008
- Boltasseva, Alexandra; Shalaev, Vladimir M.
- Metamaterials, Vol. 2, Issue 1, p. 1-17
Realizing Optical Magnetism from Dielectric Metamaterials
journal, February 2012
- Ginn, James C.; Brener, Igal; Peters, David W.
- Physical Review Letters, Vol. 108, Issue 9, Article No. 097402
Thiol-Ene Click Chemistry
journal, February 2010
- Hoyle, Charles E.; Bowman, Christopher N.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 49, Issue 9, p. 1540-1573
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: