Real-time, single-step bioassay using nanoplasmonic resonator with ultra-high sensitivity
A nanoplasmonic resonator (NPR) comprising a metallic nanodisk with alternating shielding layer(s), having a tagged biomolecule conjugated or tethered to the surface of the nanoplasmonic resonator for highly sensitive measurement of enzymatic activity. NPRs enhance Raman signals in a highly reproducible manner, enabling fast detection of protease and enzyme activity, such as Prostate Specific Antigen (paPSA), in real-time, at picomolar sensitivity levels. Experiments on extracellular fluid (ECF) from paPSA-positive cells demonstrate specific detection in a complex bio-fluid background in real-time single-step detection in very small sample volumes.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2010 Apr 30
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:New biochip technology for label-free detection of pathogens and their toxins
journal, May 2003
- Grow, Ann E.; Wood, Laurie L.; Claycomb, Johanna L.
- Journal of Microbiological Methods, Vol. 53, Issue 2, p. 221-233
Surface-enhanced Raman scattering on tunable plasmonic nanoparticle substrates
journal, December 2004
- Jackson, J. B.; Halas, N. J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 52, p. 17930-17935
Periodically structured metallic substrates for SERS
journal, August 1998
- Kahl, M.; Voges, E.; Kostrewa, S.
- Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 51, Issue 1-3, p. 285-291
Probing Single Molecules and Single Nanoparticles by Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering
journal, February 1997
- Nie, Shuming; Emory, Steven R.
- Science, Vol. 275, Issue 5303, p. 1102-1106
Characterization and application of Raman labels for confocal Raman microspectroscopic detection of cellular proteins in single cells
journal, November 2003
- Nithipatikom, Kasem; McCoy, Michael J.; Hawi, Sharon R.
- Analytical Biochemistry, Vol. 322, Issue 2, p. 198-207
Catalytic hydroxyl/amine dyads within serine proteases
journal, January 1997
- Paetzel, Mark; Dalbey, Ross E.
- Trends in Biochemical Sciences, Vol. 22, Issue 1, p. 28-31
On the size of the active site in proteases. I. Papain
journal, April 1967
- Schechter, Israel; Berger, Arieh
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Vol. 27, Issue 2, p. 157-162
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: