Secondary treatment of films of colloidal quantum dots for optoelectronics and devices produced thereby
A method of forming an optoelectronic device. The method includes providing a deposition surface and contacting the deposition surface with a ligand exchange chemical and contacting the deposition surface with a quantum dot (QD) colloid. This initial process is repeated over one or more cycles to form an initial QD film on the deposition surface. The method further includes subsequently contacting the QD film with a secondary treatment chemical and optionally contacting the surface with additional QDs to form an enhanced QD layer exhibiting multiple exciton generation (MEG) upon absorption of high energy photons by the QD active layer. Devices having an enhanced QD active layer as described above are also disclosed.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Alliance for Sustainable Energy, LLC (Golden, CO) NREL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Jul 20
- Research Org:
- National Energy Technology Lab. (NETL), Pittsburgh, PA, and Morgantown, WV (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Monitoring devices and processes based on transformation, destruction and conversion of nanostructures
patent-application, January 2011
- Patel, Gordhanbhai Nathalal
- US Patent Application 12/879688; 20110003279
Air-Stable All-Inorganic Nanocrystal Solar Cells Processed from Solution
journal, October 2005
- Gur, Ilan; Fromer, Neil A.; Geier, Michael L.
- Science, Vol. 310, Issue 5747, p. 462-465
Colloidal PbS Nanocrystals with Size-Tunable Near-Infrared Emission: Observation of Post-Synthesis Self-Narrowing of the Particle Size Distribution
journal, November 2003
- Hines, M. A.; Scholes, G. D.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 15, Issue 21, p. 1844-1849
Stability Assessment on a 3% Bilayer PbS/ZnO Quantum Dot Heterojunction Solar Cell
journal, August 2010
- Luther, Joseph M.; Gao, Jianbo; Lloyd, Matthew T.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 22, Issue 33, p. 3704-3707
Quantum dot solar cells
journal, April 2002
- Nozik, A. J.
- Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, Vol. 14, Issue 1-2, p. 115-120
Multiple exciton generation in semiconductor quantum dots
journal, May 2008
- Nozik, Arthur J.
- Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 457, Issue 1-3, p. 3-11
PbSe Nanocrystal Solids for n- and p-Channel Thin Film Field-Effect Transistors
journal, October 2005
- Talapin, D. V.
- Science, Vol. 310, Issue 5745, p. 86-89
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: