Activation of porous MOF materials
A method for the treatment of solvent-containing MOF material to increase its internal surface area involves introducing a liquid into the MOF in which liquid the solvent is miscible, subjecting the MOF to supercritical conditions for a time to form supercritical fluid, and releasing the supercritical conditions to remove the supercritcal fluid from the MOF. Prior to introducing the liquid into the MOF, occluded reaction solvent, such as DEF or DMF, in the MOF can be exchanged for the miscible solvent.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Apr 19
- Research Org:
- Northwestern Univ., Evanston, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Impact of Preparation and Handling on the Hydrogen Storage Properties of Zn4O(1,4-benzenedicarboxylate)3 (MOF-5)
journal, November 2007
- Kaye, Steven S.; Dailly, Anne; Yaghi, Omar M.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 129, Issue 46, p. 14176-14177
Ring-Opening Reactions within Porous Metal−Organic Frameworks
journal, July 2010
- Britt, David; Lee, Chain; Uribe-Romo, Fernando J.
- Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 49, Issue 14, p. 6387-6389
Synthetic Strategies, Structure Patterns, and Emerging Properties in the Chemistry of Modular Porous Solids†
journal, August 1998
- Yaghi, Omar M.; Li, Hailian; Davis, Charles
- Accounts of Chemical Research, Vol. 31, Issue 8, p. 474-484
Prospects for nanoporous metal-organic materials in advanced separations processes
journal, January 2004
- Snurr, Randall Q.; Hupp, Joseph T.; Nguyen, SonBinh T.
- AIChE Journal, Vol. 50, Issue 6, p. 1090-1095
High H2 Adsorption in a Microporous Metal-Organic Framework with Open Metal Sites
journal, July 2005
- Chen, Banglin; Ockwig, Nathan W.; Millward, Andrew R.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 44, Issue 30, p. 4745-4749
Hydrogen Storage in the Giant-Pore Metal–Organic Frameworks MIL-100 and MIL-101
journal, December 2006
- Latroche, Michel; Surblé, Suzy; Serre, Christian
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 45, Issue 48, p. 8227-8231
Tandem Modification of Metal–Organic Frameworks by a Postsynthetic Approach
journal, June 2008
- Wang, Zhenqiang; Cohen, Seth M.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 47, Issue 25, p. 4699-4702
A metal–organic framework material that functions as an enantioselective catalyst for olefin epoxidation
journal, January 2006
- Cho, So-Hye; Ma, Baoqing; Nguyen, SonBinh T.
- Chem. Commun., Vol. 0, Issue 24, p. 2563-2565
Hybrid porous solids past, present, future
journal, January 2008
- Férey, Gérard
- Chem. Soc. Rev., Vol. 37, Issue 1, p. 191-214
Extracting the pore size distribution of compliant materials from nitrogen adsorption
journal, August 2001
- Reichenauer, G.; Scherer, G. W.
- Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Vol. 187-188, p. 41-50
Nitrogen sorption in aerogels
journal, June 2001
- Reichenauer, G.; Scherer, G.W.
- Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, Vol. 285, Issue 1-3, p. 167-174
Postsynthetic Covalent Modification of a Neutral Metal−Organic Framework
journal, October 2007
- Wang, Zhenqiang; Cohen, Seth M.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 129, Issue 41, p. 12368-12369
Systematic Functionalization of a Metal−Organic Framework via a Postsynthetic Modification Approach
journal, July 2008
- Tanabe, Kristine K.; Wang, Zhenqiang; Cohen, Seth M.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 130, Issue 26, p. 8508-8517
Systematic Design of Pore Size and Functionality in Isoreticular MOFs and Their Application in Methane Storage
journal, January 2002
- Eddaoudi, Mohamed; Kim, Jaheon; Rosi, Nathaniel
- Science, Vol. 295, Issue 5554, p. 469-472
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: