Hyperspectral stimulated emission depletion microscopy and methods of use thereof
A hyperspectral stimulated emission depletion ("STED") microscope system for high-resolution imaging of samples labeled with multiple fluorophores (e.g., two to ten fluorophores). The hyperspectral STED microscope includes a light source, optical systems configured for generating an excitation light beam and a depletion light beam, optical systems configured for focusing the excitation and depletion light beams on a sample, and systems for collecting and processing data generated by interaction of the excitation and depletion light beams with the sample. Hyperspectral STED data may be analyzed using multivariate curve resolution analysis techniques to deconvolute emission from the multiple fluorophores. The hyperspectral STED microscope described herein can be used for multi-color, subdiffraction imaging of samples (e.g., materials and biological materials) and for analyzing a tissue by Forster Resonance Energy Transfer ("FRET").
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) SNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Sep 10
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:Method and apparatus for creating a topography at a surface
patent, November 2008
- Adams, David; Sinclair, Michael; Mayer, Thomas
- US Patent Document 7,449,699
Förster resonance energy transfer – A spectroscopic nanoruler: Principle and applications
journal, March 2011
- Sahoo, Harekrushna
- Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C: Photochemistry Reviews, Vol. 12, Issue 1, p. 20-30
Hyperspectral confocal microscope
journal, January 2006
- Sinclair, Michael B.; Haaland, David M.; Timlin, Jerilyn A.
- Applied Optics, Vol. 45, Issue 24, p. 6283-6291
Weighting hyperspectral image data for improved multivariate curve resolution results
journal, September 2008
- Jones, Howland D. T.; Haaland, David M.; Sinclair, Michael B.
- Journal of Chemometrics, Vol. 22, Issue 9, p. 482-490
In vivo hyperspectral confocal fluorescence imaging to determine pigment localization and distribution in cyanobacterial cells
journal, March 2008
- Vermaas, W. F. J.; Timlin, J. A.; Jones, H. D. T.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 105, Issue 10, p. 4050-4055
Preprocessing strategies to improve MCR analyses of hyperspectral images
journal, August 2012
- Jones, Howland D.T.; Haaland, David M.; Sinclair, Michael B.
- Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, Vol. 117, p. 149-158
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: