Isotopic abundance in atom trap trace analysis
A method and system for detecting ratios and amounts of isotopes of noble gases. The method and system is constructed to be able to measure noble gas isotopes in water and ice, which helps reveal the geological age of the samples and understand their movements. The method and system uses a combination of a cooled discharge source, a beam collimator, a beam slower and magneto-optic trap with a laser to apply resonance frequency energy to the noble gas to be quenched and detected.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UChicago Argonne LLC (Chicago, IL) ANL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- ANL (Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States))
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:An atom counter for measuring 81Kr and 85Kr in environmental samples
journal, August 2012
- Jiang, W.; Bailey, K.; Lu, Z.-T.
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 91, p. 1-6
Radioactive krypton background evaluation using atom counting
journal, June 2005
- McKinsey, D. N.; Orzel, C.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Vol. 545, Issue 1-2, p. 524-531
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: