Transformation of gram positive bacteria by sonoporation
The present invention provides a sonoporation-based method that can be universally applied for delivery of compounds into Gram positive bacteria. Gram positive bacteria which can be transformed by sonoporation include, for example, Bacillus, Streptococcus, Acetobacterium, and Clostridium. Compounds which can be delivered into Gram positive bacteria via sonoporation include nucleic acids (DNA or RNA), proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, viruses, small organic and inorganic molecules, and nano-particles.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UT-Battelle, LLC (Oak Ridge, TN) ORNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- ORNL (Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States))
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Ultrasound enhanced bioprocesses: Cholesterol oxidation by Rhodococcus erythropolis
journal, August 1988
- Bar, Raphael
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 32, Issue 5, p. 655-663
Inactivation of microbes using ultrasound: a review
journal, November 2003
- Piyasena, P.; Mohareb, E.; McKellar, R. C.
- International Journal of Food Microbiology, Vol. 87, Issue 3, p. 207-216
Metabolic flux analysis and pharmaceutical production
journal, March 2010
- Boghigian, Brett A.; Seth, Gargi; Kiss, Robert
- Metabolic Engineering, Vol. 12, Issue 2, p. 81-95
Application of electroporation for transfer of plasmid DNA to Lactobacillus, Lactococcus, Leuconostoc, Listeria, Pediococcus, Bacillus, Staphylococcus, Enterococcus and Propionibacterium
journal, September 1988
- Luchansky, J. B.; Muriana, P. M.; Klaenhammer, T. R.
- Molecular Microbiology, Vol. 2, Issue 5, p. 637-646
Ultrasound: Mechanical gene transfer into plant cells by sonoporation
journal, January 2006
- Liu, Y.; Yang, H.; Sakanishi, A.
- Biotechnology Advances, Vol. 24, Issue 1, p. 1-16
Engineering microbial consortia: a new frontier in synthetic biology
journal, September 2008
- Brenner, Katie; You, Lingchong; Arnold, Frances H.
- Trends in Biotechnology, Vol. 26, Issue 9, p. 483-489
Plasma membrane poration induced by ultrasound exposure: Implication for drug delivery
journal, May 2005
- Mehier-Humbert, Sophie; Bettinger, Thierry; Yan, Feng
- Journal of Controlled Release, Vol. 104, Issue 1, p. 213-222
Mechanism of intracellular delivery by acoustic cavitation
journal, June 2006
- Schlicher, Robyn K.; Radhakrishna, Harish; Tolentino, Timothy P.
- Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, Vol. 32, Issue 6, p. 915-924
Microbial Cellulose Utilization: Fundamentals and Biotechnology
journal, September 2002
- Lynd, L. R.; Weimer, P. J.; van Zyl, W. H.
- Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews, Vol. 66, Issue 3, p. 506-577
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: