Compositions and methods for treating nuclear fuel
Compositions are provided that include nuclear fuel. Methods for treating nuclear fuel are provided which can include exposing the fuel to a carbonate-peroxide solution. Methods can also include exposing the fuel to an ammonium solution. Methods for acquiring molybdenum from a uranium comprising material are provided.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Battelle Memorial Institute (Richland, WA) PNNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Aug 12
- Research Org:
- PNNL (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), Richland, WA (United States))
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 11 NUCLEAR FUEL CYCLE AND FUEL MATERIALS
Other works cited in this record:Process for recovering molybdenum-99 from a matrix containing neutron irradiated fissionable materials and fission products
patent, June 1978
- Hadi, Ali; Reinhardt, Johann; Knapp, Jutta
- US Patent Document 4,094,953
patent, April 1993
- Willis, John; White, David
- US Patent Document 5,205,999
Method of separating fission molybdenum
patent, April 1996
- Sameh, Abdel; Leifeld, Wolfdietrich
- US Patent Document 5,508,010
Dissolution study of spent PWR fuel: Dissolution behavior and chemical properties of insoluble residues
journal, November 1990
- Adachi, T.; Ohnuki, M.; Yoshida, N.
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 174, Issue 1, p. 60-71
Formation of the ammonium-uranyl-carbonate complexes of the type (NH4)4[UO2(CO3)3], prepared by precipitative re-extraction
journal, January 1984
- Baran, V.; Škvor, F.; Voseček, V.
- Inorganica Chimica Acta, Vol. 81, p. 83-89
Metallic fission-product inclusions in irradiated oxide fuels
journal, February 1968
- Bramman, J. I.; Sharpe, R. M.; Thom, D.
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 25, Issue 2, p. 201-215
Precipitation studies of ammonium uranyl carbonate from UO2F2 solutions
journal, May 1989
- Kan-Sen, Chou; Ding-Yi, Lin; Mu-Chang, Shieh
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 165, Issue 2, p. 171-178
The chemical effects of composition changes in irradiated oxide fuel materials
journal, November 1971
- Davies, J. H.; Ewart, F. T.
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 41, Issue 2, p. 143-155
The oxidative dissolution mechanism of uranium dioxide. I. The effect of temperature in hydrogen carbonate medium
journal, October 1999
- Pablo, Joan de; Casas, Ignasi; Giménez, Javier
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 63, Issue 19-20, p. 3097-3103
Surface electrochemistry of UO2 in dilute alkaline hydrogen peroxide solutions: Part II. Effects of carbonate ions
journal, April 2006
- Goldik, J. S.; Noël, J. J.; Shoesmith, D. W.
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 51, Issue 16, p. 3278-3286
Microanalysis of inclusions in irradiated UO2
journal, April 1967
- Jeffery, B. M.
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 22, Issue 1, p. 33-40
X-ray diffraction studies on irradiated nuclear fuels
journal, May 1984
- Kleykamp, H.; Pejsa, R.
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 124, p. 56-63
The chemical state of the fission products in oxide fuels
journal, April 1985
- Kleykamp, H.
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 131, Issue 2-3, p. 221-246
Uranium recovery from industrial effluent by ion exchange—column experiments
journal, November 2005
- Ladeira, A. C. Q.; Morais, C. A.
- Minerals Engineering, Vol. 18, Issue 13-14, p. 1337-1340
Conversion of UF6 to UO2: A quasi-optimization of the ammonium uranyl carbonate process
journal, November 1991
- Maw-Chwain, Lee; Chung-Jyi, Wu
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 185, Issue 2, p. 190-201
On the dependence of characteristics of powders on the AUC process parameters
journal, February 1991
- Marajofsky, A.; Perez, Lidia; Celora, Julia
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 178, Issue 2-3, p. 143-151
Preparation and properties of complex carbonates of hexavalent actinides
journal, May 1983
- Marquart, R.; Hoffmann, G.; Weigel, F.
- Journal of the Less Common Metals, Vol. 91, Issue 1, p. 119-127
Analysis of fission product ingots formed in uranium-plutonium oxide irradiated in EBR-II
journal, June 1970
- O'boyle, D. R.; Brown, F. L.; Dwtght, A. E.
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 35, Issue 3, p. 257-266
Solid fission product behavior in uranium-plutonium oxide fuel irradiated in a fast neutron flux
journal, January 1969
- O'boyle, D. R.; Brown, F. L.; Sanecki, J. E.
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 29, Issue 1, p. 27-42
The conversion of UO2 via ammonium uranyl carbonate: Study of precipitation, chemical variation and powder properties
journal, September 1981
- Yi-Ming, Pan; Che-Bao, Ma; Nien-Nan, Hsu
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 99, Issue 2-3, p. 135-147
Experimental determination of UO2(cr) dissolution kinetics: Effects of solution saturation state and pH
journal, October 2005
- Pierce, E. M.; Icenhower, J. P.; Serne, R. J.
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 345, Issue 2-3, p. 206-218
Fuel corrosion processes under waste disposal conditions
journal, November 2000
- Shoesmith, D.W.
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 282, Issue 1, p. 1-31
Dissolution of spent nuclear fuel in carbonate–peroxide solution
journal, January 2010
- Soderquist, Chuck; Hanson, Brady
- Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 396, Issue 2-3, p. 159-162
Corrosion of uranium dioxide in hydrogen peroxide solutions
journal, May 2004
- Sunder, S.; Miller, N. H.; Shoesmith, D. W.
- Corrosion Science, Vol. 46, Issue 5, p. 1095-1111
The isolation of 99Mo from fission material for use in the 99Mo/99mTc generator for medical use
journal, January 2004
- van der Walt, T. N.; Coetzee, P. P.
- Radiochimica Acta, Vol. 92, Issue 4-6, p. 251-257
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: