Methylocystis strain SB2 materials and methods
The present disclosures provides isolated or purified compounds, each of which bind to a metal atom. Generally, the compounds are small in size (e.g., molecular weight of less than about 1 kDa) and peptidic in nature, inasmuch as the compounds comprise amino acids. In some embodiments, the compound comprises a structure of Formula I; M.sub.1-P.sub.1-M.sub.2-P.sub.2 wherein each of P.sub.1 and P.sub.2 is a peptide comprising at least two amino acids, M.sub.1 is a first metal binding moiety comprising a substituted imidazolone ring, M.sub.2 is a second metal binding moiety comprising a substituted oxazolone ring, and wherein M.sub.1 and M.sub.2 bind to a single metal atom. Also provided are related complexes, conjugates, cells which synthesize the compounds of the present disclosures, substantially homogenous cultures thereof, kits and compositions, and methods of making or using the materials of the present disclosures.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Iowa State University Research Foundation, Inc. (Ames, IA); The Regents of the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI); WiSys Technology Foundation (Madison, WI) NETL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Aug 04
- Research Org:
- Iowa State University Research Foundation, Inc. (Ames, IA)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Spectral and thermodynamic properties of Ag(I), Au(III), Cd(II), Co(II), Fe(III), Hg(II), Mn(II), Ni(II), Pb(II), U(IV), and Zn(II) binding by methanobactin from Methylosinus trichosporium OB3b
journal, December 2006
- Choi, Dong W.; Do, Young S.; Zea, Corbin J.
- Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, Vol. 100, Issue 12, p. 2150-2161
Transport of lactate and acetate through the energized cytoplasmic membrane of Escherichia coli
journal, July 1995
- Axe, Douglas D.; Bailey, James E.
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 47, Issue 1, p. 8-19
A rapid method for the base ratio determination of bacterial DNA
journal, August 1977
- Cashion, P.; Holder-Franklin, M. A.; McCully, J.
- Analytical Biochemistry, Vol. 81, Issue 2, p. 461-466
Methane oxidation at 55 C and pH 2 by a thermoacidophilic bacterium belonging to the Verrucomicrobia phylum
journal, January 2008
- Islam, T.; Jensen, S.; Reigstad, L. J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 105, Issue 1, p. 300-304
Cleavage of Structural Proteins during the Assembly of the Head of Bacteriophage T4
journal, August 1970
- Laemmli, U. K.
- Nature, Vol. 227, Issue 5259, p. 680-685
Regulation of expression of methane monooxygenases by copper ions
journal, May 2000
- Murrell, J. Colin; McDonald, Ian R.; Gilbert, Bettina
- Trends in Microbiology, Vol. 8, Issue 5, p. 221-225
Determination of DNA base composition by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography
journal, November 1984
- Tamaoka, Jin; Komagata, Kazuo
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 25, Issue 1, p. 125-128
Measurement and modeling of multiple substrate oxidation by methanotrophs at 20°C
journal, October 2008
- Yoon, Sukhwan; Semrau, Jeremy D.
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 287, Issue 2, p. 156-162
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: