Technical Information Officers:
- Serve as the DOE element representatives to STIP and ensure that STI objectives and requirements are incorporated into strategic planning, management information plans, life-cycle procedures from project initiation to close-out, and contract language as appropriate.
- Coordinate with contractor STI managers and have adequate familiarity with STI activities to discern contractor compliance with the CRD portion of this directive.
- Coordinate the implementation of appropriate review and release procedures by DOE elements, DOE contractors, and financial assistance recipients as appropriate.
- Serve as Releasing Officials or coordinate designation and official notification to OSTI of Releasing Official(s), to ensure that DOE office or financial assistance-generated STI and ANs are appropriately reviewed and appropriate markings applied prior to release to OSTI or Web posting.
- Make available to OSTI the STI and ANs for each STI item, after ensuring that such STI has undergone appropriate institutional review.
- Through STIP, participate in policy development and implementation, ensure that local implementation procedures put in place by DOE and DOE contractors are consistent with requirements herein, and be knowledgeable of STI Program best practices in order to implement appropriate local procedures.