Announcement of Department of Energy Scientific and Technical Information, Notice for Financial Assistance Recipients and Non-Major Site/Facility Management Contractors
Announcement Notices are required for submission of scientific and technical information (STI) to OSTI in order to ensure proper handling, announcement and dissemination, in accordance with DOE statutory responsibilities, in Departmental web-based systems. There are basic requirements for metadata fields; however, other optional/non-mandatory data fields should be included in the AN when possible.
- Provides information required to appropriately identify, process, and/or announce and disseminate the results of work funded by DOE.
- Utilized by DOE Financial Assistance Recipients/Non-Major Contractors.
- Submitted with each scientific and technical report or product.
Required Metadata Elements
- Report/Product Number
- STI Product Title
- STI Product Type
- DOE Contract/Award Number(s)
- Recipient/Contractor (Organization)
- Sponsoring Organization
- STI Product Issue Date/Date of Publication
- STI Product Release Information
- Medium (e.g., format and related technical requirements)
- Releasing Official Information
Optional/Non-Mandatory Metadata Elements
- Other Identifying Number(s)
- Subject Categories
- Sponsoring DOE Program Office
- STI Product or Technical Reporting Period
- Recipient/Contractor Point of Contact
- Publisher Name and Location or Availability (if DOE cannot provide access, e.g., if commercial publisher is the source)