DOE Programs fund research and other scientific endeavors. For those activities where the STI is not submitted by National Labs, major sites, or through financial assistance awards, it should be submitted by the DOE Program. Normally, these STI submissions will be submitted via E-Link AN 241.1 .
Steps Required to Provide STI to DOE
- Apply for E-Link Access . Questions about E-Link should be directed to OSTI @ 865-576-1333
- Identify STI product type to determine whether to provide announcement notice only applicable to copyrighted STI or both announcement notice and full-text document for all full-text documents.
- Review full-text document for sensitivities listed on AN 241.1 under “Distribution/Access Limitations” and protected personally identifiable information (PII).
- If copyrighted journal article, conference paper/proceedings, or book, submit only the announcement notice and provide the availability of the publication.
- If unclassified unlimited full-text document, submit both the announcement notice and the full text.
- If unclassified unlimited full text and your site is hosting on a public server, provide the announcement notice including the unique uniform resource locator (URL).
- If protected distribution/access limitation full-text document, submit both the announcement notice and the full text. E-Link provides Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protection.
- The electronic format is determined based on whether the full-text document is being uploaded or a unique URL is provided.
- If full-text document is being uploaded the electronic format options are Searchable PDF or Non-Searchable PDF.
- If URL is provided, the electronic format options are Searchable PDF or HTML.
- Ensure all required fields indicated in red are completed prior to AN 241.1 submission.
- The STI Releasing Official should:
- Prior to the submission of the announcement notice and full-text document through E-Link, verify that all necessary reviews have been completed.
- Verify that the STI product should be released by OSTI in accordance with the intellectual property/distribution limitation marked on the AN 241.1 and submit.