- DOE reporting requirements  for financial assistance recipients and non-major site/facility management contractors should be clearly outlined in your award document. Contact your DOE Contracting Officer with questions or concerns.
- STI deliverables generated by major site/facility management contractors are identified at the project level.
- There are instances when only the Announcement Notice should be submitted to OSTI .
STI Product Types
- STI is found in many forms and format. Review Types of STI  for a comprehensive list.
- For copyrighted materials, only an announcement notice may be submitted, but detailed information regarding where the materials are published is required as part of the announcement notice.
STI Technical Report Characteristics
- Review recommended characteristics of STI technical reports .
- Review Availability Statements for Unclassified Unlimited STI products .
- Standard disclaimers  are to be used, as appropriate, on all DOE STI products.
- Standard marking requirements  are to be used, as appropriate, on all DOE STI products.
Electronic STI Products
- Technical reports and other STI products should be provided in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). Other options are available for major site/facility management contractors hosting STI on their site's server.
- All text, tables, diagrams, photographs, schematic, graphs, and charts should be integrated into one file.
- Identify and provide digitized legacy STI  (provided in print prior to 2001).
- Software may be a required deliverable , per your funding agreement..
- Software is unlike other STI Product types and must be submitted using the AN 241.4 .
- Software should be submitted via CD, unless it has been designated as open source software (OSS) at a specified URL.
- There is a unique software disclaimer .
- There is a unique software licensing process .
- Review information about STI and copyright. 
- Review information about copyrighted software .
Personally Identifiable Information
- Reports and products must be carefully reviewed for Protected Personally Identifiable Information  (PII).
STI Sensitivity Reviews
- Reports and products must be carefully reviewed for sensitivities.
- There is a unique process for STI with sensitivities .
- Directives that require certain sensitivity revews and identification are found in STI-Related DOE Directives .
- Review all software  for classified and sensitive unclassified information.
Established Submittal Processes
- National Labs, major site/facility management contractors, and DOE offices normally have an established process to provide STI to OSTI. Questions should be directed to the site's STI Manager .
- Announcement Notices are used to describe STI products and their availability.
- Batch Upload and Harvesting  are the two automated protocols  used by laboratories.
- There is a process for the determining legacy STI to be digitized .
For Universities or R&D and Other Contracts 
For National Labs and Major Site/Facility Management Contractors 
For DOE Programs 
For Non-DOE Facilities