Benefits of Indexed Metadata and STI Products
OSTI indexes metadata and STI products so the information is searchable, allowing users to retrieve relevant results in an effective and efficient manner.
- Indexing allows STI products to be included in appropriate databases for limited or unlimited access.
- Indexed information provides a means of locating and retrieving STI products from OSTI databases (e.g.SciTech Connect) and external search engines (e.g. Google, Bing, etc.);
- Through the use of an alerting system, indexing allows users to identify STI products as they become available;
- Allows users to determine granularity within data resources;
- By using authority controls whenever possible, indexing provides more precise retrieval
STI Submitters Contribute Metadata for Indexing
- DOE Contract Number
- Publication/Issue Date
- Report Number(s)
- STI Product Type
- Subject Category
A complete list of the searchable indexed metadata fields is available.
Full-text indexing of STI products also greatly enhances information retrieval from within the products.