Scientific and technical reports are provided to OSTI via Energy Link (E-Link). The steps below provides helpful information for performing this task.
Steps Required to provide STI to OSTI
- University Financial Assistance Recipients identify Final Scientific/Technical Report/Product reporting requirements listed under Scientific/Technical Reporting on the DOE F 4600.2, “Federal Assistance Reporting Checklist and Instructions" received as part of the contractual agreement.
- Final Scientific/Technical Reporting Requirements for Other Awardees can be found in contractual agreements.
- If software is the final deliverable, submit it via the AN 241.4.
- Final Scientific/Technical Reports/Products are to be provided electronically in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) and be one integrated PDF file that contains all text, tables, diagrams, photographs, schematic, graphs, and charts. Ensure documents are not encrypted or password-protected.
- Final Scientific/Technical Report/Product deliverables must be accompanied by a completed AN 241.3.
- No password is required to access the AN 241.3.
- Set the browser to accept all cookies before starting the submission process.
- Be sure to input the contract number accurately. If an invalid contract number error message appears, contact OSTI at 865-576-1228 or 865-576-1191 for assistance.
- Ensure all required data indicated in red and preceded by an asterisk is completed prior to uploading the scientific/technical report or product.
- After submitting the document, print a copy of the submission confirmation as a record copy.
- A notification regarding the submission will be sent to your DOE contracting officer/contract specialist and DOE Releasing Official.
- Review Final Scientific/Technical Report/Product for sensitivities listed on AN 241.3 under “STI Product Review/Release Information” and for protected personally identifiable information (PII) prior to upload.
- Whether the distribution of the final report/product is to be unlimited (publicly releasable) or controlled, submit both the AN 241.3 and the final report/product. E-Link provides Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protection of the document submitted.
- Protected Personally Identifiable Information defined in the DOE F 4600.2 instructions should be excluded from the final report/product as well as the AN 241.3. Protected PII is also defined in E-Link.
- Prior to submission of AN 241.3 and final report/product via E-Link, ensure documents with controlled distribution are appropriately marked according to the DOE F 4600.2 instructions listed under Section B., Scientific/Technical Reporting or other guidance.
- Refer to the DOE Contracting Officer or Award Administrator for additional instructions related to the submission.
- Non-scientific technical reports/deliverables and draft/informal reports should not be submitted via E-Link.
- Questions should be sent via email to email@example.com.