Staggered-grid finite-difference acoustic modeling with the Time-Domain Atmospheric Acoustic Propagation Suite (TDAAPS).
This document is intended to serve as a users guide for the time-domain atmospheric acoustic propagation suite (TDAAPS) program developed as part of the Department of Defense High-Performance Modernization Office (HPCMP) Common High-Performance Computing Scalable Software Initiative (CHSSI). TDAAPS performs staggered-grid finite-difference modeling of the acoustic velocity-pressure system with the incorporation of spatially inhomogeneous winds. Wherever practical the control structure of the codes are written in C++ using an object oriented design. Sections of code where a large number of calculations are required are written in C or F77 in order to enable better compiler optimization of these sections. The TDAAPS program conforms to a UNIX style calling interface. Most of the actions of the codes are controlled by adding flags to the invoking command line. This document presents a large number of examples and provides new users with the necessary background to perform acoustic modeling with TDAAPS.
- (U.S. Army Research Laboratory)
- (NOAA/Environmental Technology Laboratory)
- (U.S. Army Cold Regions Research Engineering Lab.)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 97 MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING; 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS//MATHEMATICS, COMPUTING, AND INFORMATION SCIENCE; ACOUSTICS; DESIGN; FINITE DIFFERENCE METHOD; MANUALS; T CODES; SOUND WAVES; WAVE PROPAGATION; COMPUTERIZED SIMULATION Acoustic models.; ACOUSTIC PROPAGATION
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.