Implementing 10 CFR Part 830 Subpart B at WIPP
Implementation of Title 10 Code of Federal Regulations Part 830, Subpart B Nuclear Safety Management (1) was accomplished at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) in a timely and efficient manner. The primary reason the transition went smoothly was that the existing safety analysis was relatively new, initially developed in 1995, and written in accordance with the safe harbor document DOE-STD-3009 (2). The WIPP Safety Analysis Report (SAR) (3) is kept up-to-date with the unreviewed safety question (USQ) process and thorough oversight and input provided by DOE-Carlsbad Field Office (CBFO) documented in the annual safety evaluation report (SER) process.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: Waste Management 2002 Symposium, Tucson, AZ (US), 02/24/2002--02/28/2002; Other Information: PBD: 26 Feb 2002
- WM Symposia, Inc., Tucson, Arizona
- Research Org:
- Westinghouse TRU Solutions P. O. Box 2078, Carlsbad, NM; U. S. Department of Energy P. O. Box 2078, Carlsbad, NM (US)
- Sponsoring Org:
- US Department of Energy (US)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 12 MANAGEMENT OF RADIOACTIVE WASTES, AND NON-RADIOACTIVE WASTES FROM NUCLEAR FACILITIES; EVALUATION; IMPLEMENTATION; MANAGEMENT; RADIATION PROTECTION; REGULATIONS; SAFETY; SAFETY ANALYSIS; WASTE MANAGEMENT; WIPP
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.