[ital N][pi] decays of baryons in a relativized model
We calculate the [ital N][pi] decay amplitudes of baryon resonances in a semirelativistic version of the [sup 3][ital P][sub 0] model of hadron decays. We use relativized wave functions for the baryons and mesons, and include an intuitive modification of the usual [sup 3][ital P][sub 0] model. Our results are in reasonable agreement with the reported amplitudes for [ital all] known nonstrange resonances, and confirm a proposed solution to the mystery of the missing'' states.
- (Department of Physics, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 (United States) Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility, 12000 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, Virginia 23606 (United States))
- (Department of Physics, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia 23529 (United States) Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility, 12000 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, Virginia 23606 (United States))
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- DOE Contract Number:
- AC02-76ER03066; AC05-84ER40150
- Resource Type:
- Journal Article
- Resource Relation:
- Journal Name: Physical Review, D (Particles Fields); (United States); Journal Volume: 47:5
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS; BARYONS; HADRONIC PARTICLE DECAY; ANGULAR MOMENTUM; DECAY AMPLITUDES; MESONS; QUARK MODEL; SU-2 GROUPS; SU-3 GROUPS; WAVE FUNCTIONS; AMPLITUDES; BOSONS; COMPOSITE MODELS; DECAY; ELEMENTARY PARTICLES; FERMIONS; FUNCTIONS; HADRONS; LIE GROUPS; MATHEMATICAL MODELS; PARTICLE DECAY; PARTICLE MODELS; SU GROUPS; SYMMETRY GROUPS; TRANSITION AMPLITUDES 662360* -- Decays of Baryons-- (1992-)
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.