An efficient method for calculating RMS von Mises stress in a random vibration environment
An efficient method is presented for calculation of RMS von Mises stresses from stress component transfer functions and the Fourier representation of random input forces. An efficient implementation of the method calculates the RMS stresses directly from the linear stress and displacement modes. The key relation presented is one suggested in past literature, but does not appear to have been previously exploited in this manner.
- Sandia National Labs., Albuquerque, NM (United States). Structural Dynamics and Vibration Control Dept.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
ON: DE98004155; TRN: AHC29807%%92
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Resource Relation:
- Other Information: PBD: Feb 1998
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Labs., Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE, Washington, DC (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 42 ENGINEERING NOT INCLUDED IN OTHER CATEGORIES; MECHANICAL STRUCTURES; STRESS ANALYSIS; MECHANICAL VIBRATIONS; TRANSFER FUNCTIONS; CALCULATION METHODS; FINITE ELEMENT METHOD; FOURIER ANALYSIS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.