Bootstrapping 3D fermions
We study the conformal bootstrap for a 4-point function of fermions <ψψψψ> in 3D. We first introduce an embedding formalism for 3D spinors and compute the conformal blocks appearing in fermion 4-point functions. Using these results, we find general bounds on the dimensions of operators appearing in the ψ × ψ OPE, and also on the central charge CT. We observe features in our bounds that coincide with scaling dimensions in the GrossNeveu models at large N. Finally, we also speculate that other features could coincide with a fermionic CFT containing no relevant scalar operators.
- Princeton Univ., NJ (United States). Joseph Henry Lab.
- Yale Univ., New Haven, CT (United States). Dept. of Physics
- Inst. for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ (United States). School of Natural Sciences
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- SC0009988; PHY-1418069; PHY-1350180; PHY-1066293
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Journal of High Energy Physics (Online)
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Name: Journal of High Energy Physics (Online); Journal Volume: 2016; Journal Issue: 3; Journal ID: ISSN 1029-8479
- Springer Berlin
- Research Org:
- Inst. for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ (United States); Princeton Univ., NJ (United States); Yale Univ., New Haven, CT (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE; National Science Foundation (NSF) (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS conformal and W symmetry; nonperturbative effects
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.