Domain Wall Motion Across Various Grain Boundaries in Ferroelectric Thin Films
Domain wall movement at and near engineered 10°, 15°, and 24° tilt and 10° and 30° twist grain boundaries was measured by band excitation piezoresponse force microscopy for Pb(Zr,Ti)O3 films with Zr/Ti ratio of 45/55 and 52/48. A minimum in nonlinear response was observed at the grain boundary for the highest angle twist and tilt grain boundaries, while a maximum in nonlinear response was observed at the 10° tilt grain boundaries. Lastly, the observed nonlinear response was correlated to the domain structure imaged in cross section by transmission electron microscopy.
- Pennsylvania State Univ., University Park, PA (United States). Department of Materials Science and Engineering and Materials Research Inst.
- Univ. of Sheffield (United Kingdom). Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States). Center for Nanophase Materials Science (CNMS)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- AC05-00OR22725; DMR-1005771;CNMS2011-022; CNMS2011-223; CNMS2013-127; EP/I038934/1
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Journal of the American Ceramic Society
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 98; Journal Issue: 6; Journal ID: ISSN 0002-7820
- American Ceramic Society
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States). Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences (CNMS)
- Sponsoring Org:
- National Science Foundation (NSF); USDOE Office of Science (SC), Basic Energy Sciences (BES) (SC-22)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.