Globus platform-as-a-service for collaborative science applications
Globus, developed as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) for research data management, also provides APIs that constitute a flexible and powerful Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) to which developers can outsource data management activities such as transfer and sharing, as well as identity, profile and group management. By providing these frequently important but always challenging capabilities as a service, accessible over the network, Globus PaaS streamlines web application development and makes it easy for individuals, teams, and institutions to create collaborative applications such as science gateways for science communities. We introduce the capabilities of this platform and review representative applications.
- Argonne National Lab. and Univ. of Chicago, Chicago, IL (United States). Computation Inst.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- AC02-06CH11357; OCI-1053575; OCI-0534113l; 5U24RR025736
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Concurrency and Computation. Practice and Experience
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 27; Journal Issue: 2; Journal ID: ISSN 1532-0626
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE; National Science Foundation (NSF); National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS; 96 KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND PRESERVATION; 97 MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING authentication; authorization; cloud; collaboration; group; identity; platform-as-a-service; profile; science gateways; sharing; transfer
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.