New ionic liquids based on complexation of dipropylsulfide and AlCl3 for electrochodeposition of aluminum
A new kind of ionic liquid based on complexation of dipropyl sulfide (DPS) and AlCl3 has been prepared. The equivalent concentration of AlCl3 in the ionic liquid is as high as 2.3 M. More importantly, it is highly fluidic and exhibits an ambient ionic conductivity of 1.25 x 10-4 S cm-1. This new ionic liquid can be successfully used as an electrolyte for electrodeposition of aluminum.
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States). Chemical Sciences Div.; Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN (United States). Dept. of Chemistry
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States). Chemical Sciences Div.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Chemical Communications
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 51; Journal Issue: 68; Journal ID: ISSN 1359--7345
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
- Sponsoring Org:
- ORNL work for others
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.