New information on the occurrence of the O(6) symmetry in nuclei
New γγ-coincidence relations and E2 decay transition rates in the isotopes 194,196Pt have been deduced from γ-ray spectroscopy experiments using the Gammasphere spectrometer in projectile-Coulomb excitation reactions of beams of 194,196Pt ions provided by the ATLAS accelerator facility. The results give access to observables that are crucial for a classification of excited quadrupole-collective states in terms of quantum numbers associated with the analytically solvable O(6) dynamical symmetry of the interacting boson model. The data on 196Pt corroborate the qualitative pattern of excitation energies and E2 transition rates expected from the O(6) solution but the excitation energies significantly deviate from it on a quantitative level.
- Technische Universiat, Darmstadt (Germany). Institut fur Kernphysik.
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States); Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell, MA (United States). Dept. of Physics and Applied Physics.
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States); Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY (United States)
- St. Kliment Ohridski Univ. of Sofia (Bulgaria). Faculty of Physics
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- EPJ Web of Conferences
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 93; Journal ID: ISSN 2100-014X
- EDP Sciences
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 73 NUCLEAR PHYSICS AND RADIATION PHYSICS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.