General features of the dissociative recombination of polyatomic molecules
We discuss some aspects of a simple expression for the low-energy dissociative recombination cross section that applies when the recombination process is dominated by the indirect mechanism. In most previous applications, this expression has been applied to capture into vibrationally excited Rydberg states with the assumption that capture is always followed by prompt dissociation. Here we consider the dissociative recombination of larger polyatomic ions and electrons. More specifically, we consider capture into electronically core-excited Rydberg states, and begin to assess its potential importance for larger systems.
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Universite de Paris-Sud, Orsay (France). 2Laboratoire Aimé Cotton du CNRS; Univ. College London (United Kingdom). Dept. of Physics and Astronomy.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- EPJ Web of Conferences
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 84; Journal ID: ISSN 2100-014X
- EDP Sciences
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Basic Energy Sciences (BES) (SC-22)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 74 ATOMIC AND MOLECULAR PHYSICS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.