E2 transition probabilities for decays of isomers observed in neutron-rich odd Sn isotopes
High-spin states were investigated with gamma coincidence techniques in neutron-rich Sn isotopes produced in fission processes following ⁴⁸Ca + ²⁰⁸Pb, ⁴⁸Ca + ²³⁸U, and ⁶⁴Ni + ²³⁸U reactions. By exploiting delayed and cross-coincidence techniques, level schemes have been delineated in odd ¹¹⁹⁻¹²⁵Sn isotopes. Particular attention was paid to the occurrence of 19/2⁺ and 23/2⁺ isomeric states for which the available information has now been significantly extended. Reduced transition probabilities, B(E2), extracted from the measured half-lives and the established details of the isomeric decays exhibit a striking regularity. This behavior was compared with the previously observed regularity of the B(E2) amplitudes for the seniority ν = 2 and 3, 10⁺ and 27/2⁻ isomers in even- and odd-Sn isotopes, respectively.
- Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow (Poland). The H. Niewodniczanski Institute of Nuclear Physics.
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States); Univ. of Maryland, College Park, MD (United States). Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Univ. of Maryland, College Park, MD (United States). Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Acta Physica Polonica. Series B
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 46; Journal Issue: 3; Journal ID: ISSN 0587-4254
- Jagiellonian University
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Nuclear Physics (NP) (SC-26)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 73 NUCLEAR PHYSICS AND RADIATION PHYSICS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.