Measurement of the branching fractions of radiative leptonic τ decays τ → ℓγν anti-ν (ℓ=e,μ) at BABAR
We perform a measurement of the branching fractions for τ → ℓγν anti ν, (ℓ = e, μ) decays for a minimum photon energy of 10 MeV in the τ rest frame using 430 fb-1 of e+e- collisions collected at the center-of-mass energy of the Υ(4S) resonance with the BABAR detector at the PEP-II storage rings. We find B(τ → μγνν) = (3.69±0.03±0.10)×103 and B(τ → eγνν) = (1.847 ± 0.015 ± 0.052) × 10-2 where the first quoted error is statistical and the second is systematic. These results represent a substantial improvement with respect to existing measurements for both channels.
- Dipartimento di Fisica Universita di Pisa, Pisa (Italy); Laboratori Nazionali dell'INFN, Frascati (Italy). et al.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
arXiv:1502.01810; TRN: US1600140
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 13. International Workshop on Tau Lepton Physics, Aachen (Germany), 15-19 Sep 2014
- Research Org:
- SLAC National Accelerator Lab., Menlo Park, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- US DOE Office of Science (DOE SC), High Energy Physics (HEP)
- Contributing Orgs:
- BABAR Collaboration
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS; BRANCHING RATIO; ELECTRON-POSITRON INTERACTIONS; LEPTONIC DECAY; PHOTONS; MEV RANGE 10-100; DATA COVARIANCES; TAU PARTICLES; TAU NEUTRINOS; ANTINEUTRINOS; ELECTRONS; MUONS Experiment-HEP,HEPEX
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.