Event-shape fluctuations and flow correlations in ultra-relativistic heavy-ion collisions
I review recent measurements of a large set of flow observables associated with event-shape fluctuations and collective expansion in heavy ion collisions. First, these flow observables are classified and experiment methods are introduced. The experimental results for each type of observables are then presented and compared to theoretical calculations. A coherent picture of initial condition and collective flow based on linear and non-linear hydrodynamic responses is derived, which qualitatively describe most experimental results. I discuss new types of fluctuation measurements that can further our understanding of the event-shape fluctuations and collective expansion dynamics.
- Stony Brook Univ., NY (United States). Dept. of Chemistry; Brookhaven National Lab., Upton, NY (United States). Physics Dept.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- AC02-98CH10886; PHY-1305037
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Journal of Physics. G, Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 41; Journal Issue: 12; Journal ID: ISSN 0954-3899
- IOP Publishing
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Advanced Research Projects Agency - Energy (ARPA-E); National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 73 NUCLEAR PHYSICS AND RADIATION PHYSICS relativistic heavy ion collider
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.