Salazar, Chu Announce Major Offshore Wind Initiatives
NORFOLK, VA - Unveiling a coordinated strategic plan to accelerate the development of offshore wind energy, Interior Secretary Salazar and Secretary Chu today announced major steps forward in support of offshore wind energy in the US, including new funding opportunities for up to $50.5 million for projects that support offshore wind energy deployment and several high priority Wind Energy Areas in the mid-Atlantic that will spur rapid, responsible development of this abundant renewable resource.
More like this
- Department of Energy Awards $43 Million to Spur Offshore Wind Energy
- Making the Web Work Even Better for Energy R&D
- Bench-to-Bench Coordination Using OSTI Resources
- DOE, DOI and Army Corps of Engineers Sign Memorandum of Understanding on Hydropower
- Departments of Energy and Interior Announce $26.6 Million in Funding to Develop Advanced Hydropower Technologies